The Production Chemist will implement and maintain processes related to the extraction and purification of full-spectrum hemp oil. You will be the leader, mentor/trainer and maintain quality control (QC) standards for the production team’s activity.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· To work closely with management team to continually optimize SOP and workflow processes.
· To work closely with the management team to write SOP’s for new equipment and processes that are added to the production flow.
· To be a leader in creating a culture that promotes a safe and healthy work environment.
· Oversee and execute production runs through our various production lines (i.e. extraction, purification and supporting systems/processes).
· Adhere to and create standardized processes as the company grows.
· Maintain a stringent QC as it relates to data capture, data analysis and the scientific process.
· Maintaining training records and train new personnel on necessary procedures.
· Work with extraction, processing and analytic equipment.
· Interface directly with third party testing companies to interpret results, validate testing procedures and analyze data.
· Maintain equipment troubleshooting, upkeep and contribute to planning for future equipment as we expand.
· Preserve workplace safety, know safe materials handling as appropriate for hazardous materials.
· Assist in investigation and disposition decision of non-conforming product and returns.