Job Duties and Responsibilities:
· Manage production operations to meet production goals with safety, quality and on time.
· Manage production schedule and team schedules in conjunction with COO and production supervisor to deliver production goals.
· Research, design, and develop processes to reduce costs, increase capacity and improve quality.
· Plan and execute well-designed experiments and distribute clear concise reports detailing results to key stakeholders.
· Oversee the implementation of process improvements through documentation, deployment and training.
· Create and manage data analysis tools to uncover areas for improvements and innovation.
· Create, maintain and train team on daily, weekly and monthly production metric dashboards.
· Investigate and troubleshoot any problems that arise with processes, procedures, and operations
· Prepare cost justification and schedule for projects requiring plant changes and/or capital assets.
· Contribute to development of health and safety standards.
· Write reports to document all process changes.
· Clearly communicate ideas and findings to management and colleagues.
· Mentor, train and motivate production supervisor, shift leaders and team members.
Requirements and Qualifications
· 7-10 years of process or manufacturing engineering experience with a proven track record of improvements in quality, yield and/or capacity with increasing responsibility.
· 5 years of experience as manager or leader of team efforts.
· Bachelor’s degree in an engineering related field such as chemical engineering, biochemical engineering, industrial engineering, or mechanical engineering.
· Experience in chemical, pharmaceutical, cosmetics, or nutraceuticals preferred, experience in a GMP-certified plant highly desirable.
· Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to analyze data from multiple systems and resources.
· Ability to prioritize and execute against key objectives in a fast-paced and changing environment.
· Ability to work with a diverse team and promote a positive team environment.
· Self-driven with excellent organization and communications skills.
· Strong computer skills, experience with statistical process analysis, data collection and process simulation.