Analytical laboratory assistance including HPLC, GC, HS-GC, sample/standard preparatory work and travel within Los Angeles and Orange counties to pick up parts or components.
At times duties may also include working closely with Chemists, Director of Chemistry and CSO in operation, maintenance and development of flash chromatography system and its auxiliary components including, but not limited to, method development, sample processing, using a large rotary evaporator, large recirculating chiller, barrel lift and washing glassware. Will be responsible of maintaining a safe laboratory space and organization of laboratory notes and documents.
May be required to lift up to 40 lbs.
· Bachelors degree in Biology, Chemistry or Physics strongly preferred.
· 2 years experience as a lab assistant or laboratory technician
· Knowledge of laboratory safety protocols
· Strong organizational skills
· Strong communication skills
· Valid Class C (California) Drivers License