Metagreen is seeking a creative and highly motivated Director of Chemistry to join our team in Los Angeles, CA. This individual will lead all Chemistry efforts.
As a Director of Chemistry, the individual will play a vital role as a key contributor of the technical and scientific team by actively participating in discussions, managing the chemistry team, prioritizing activities, managing communication with other departments and presenting results to the team. This individual will be responsible for adhering to all safety, scientific record keeping, and laboratory compliance requirements.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SKILLS
• Responsible for conducting scientific research to develop and optimize the methods and processes used by Metagreen.
• Responsible for proposing, planning, managing and executing experiments that support project goals.
• Recommends and quantifies alternative methods and technologies, researches new methods and techniques and proactively seeks potential solutions to problems.
• Directs chemists, and laboratory assistants in the initiation and execution of laboratory experimentation, considering economic and safety factors.
• Validate products in conjunction with Engineering, Marketing and Production to ensure commercial viability in accordance with regulatory requirements.
• Lead the evaluation, remediation and optimization of products and processes using statistical tools to ensure safety, quality, delivery and cost standards.
• Enhance productivity by exploring, analyzing, facilitating and leveraging efficiency initiatives for Production processes.
• Bridge the focus areas of R&D, Quality, Engineering and Production to create common understanding and objectives to ensure robust products and flawless production.
• Writes technical reports and technical presentations within area of expertise.
• Maintains high level of expertise through familiarity with relevant scientific and technical literature and applies it appropriately to projects.
• Uses strong communication skills (both verbal and technical) and interpersonal skills to communicate objectives and results.
• Thinks critically and creatively and generates ideas and executes those ideas to positively impact project goals.
• Experimental design and strategy.
Ph.D. in Chemistry (May consider a Masters level candidate with 10++ years of experience with 6++ years of the experience at director level or higher).
Must have strong understanding of fundamental principles of analytic chemistry, organic chemistry, physical chemistry, physics, statistics, and chromatography.
5+ years’ experience with a proven track record of accomplishments, preferably in the life sciences, pharmaceutical or chemical
Expertise in instrumental analysis with specific experience in the operation, maintenance and method development of: HPLC, uHPLC, HSGC, GCMS. Experience in Raman, SMB chromatography and NMR highly preferred.
3++ years of experience with method validation, method alteration, quality control audits and quality assurance audits.
Experience with LIMS software packages is highly desired
Excellent leadership skills, experience supervising a team and a strong desire to succeed
Require excellent communication skills (both verbal and technical) and strong interpersonal skills