Director of Operations
Cannabis & Glass Spokane, WA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
WHO WE ARE:
C&G Management ("Cannabis & Glass") was founded in 2014 and continues to be a leader in the cannabis industry experiencing immense growth year over year.
As a cannabis retailer, we are dedicated to improving the lives of our customers by providing superior service and affordable access to cannabis. Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes growth, collaboration, efficiency, and a focus on customer experience.
C&G Management currently operates three recreational dispensaries ("Cannabis & Glass") in Spokane County located in North Spokane, Spokane Valley, and Liberty Lake, and is ranked among the top 10% highest grossing retailers in the state of Washington. We also operate a medical cannabidiol dispensary in Iowa ("Iowa Cannabis Co."), and are adding two additional locations in Iowa by mid 2021. We are also expanding operations into a new market in Eastern Oregon by the end of 2020.
C&G Management is searching for a Director of Operations to join our team!
The ideal candidate is an experienced, strategy-driven operations leader who has managed large employee populations (50 or more employees) at a multi-site operation.
The Director of Operations is responsible for the overall operational performance of all retail locations. They will be responsible for creating processes to achieve the business goals and to deliver an exceptional service experience. This includes a focus on cost management, efficiencies driven by reporting & analytics, training & development, root cause analytics to identify improvements, and establishing policies & procedures to drive organizational symphony.
The Director of Operations reports directly to the CEO & COO.
This position is based in Spokane Valley, but may require travel occasionally throughout Spokane, Oregon, Iowa, and potentially new markets as we expand. Out of market candidates are encouraged to apply, but we are not currently offering relocation assistance at this time.
- Oversee store operations, policies, procedures, maintenance, and customer experience
- Make key contributions to the formulation of the company's business strategies
- Develop effective partnerships with managers and store associates to help develop company policies and procedures
- Work directly with the CEO/COO and other corporate team members to make decisions for operational activities and set strategic goals
- Participate in proactive activities such as training and developing staff; discussing sales strategies, inventory control measures, loss prevention, and safety awareness
- Make recommendations to executive management for improvement of retail operations, company policies, procedures and practices
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends and legislation to ensure compliance
- Assist in creating and maintaining various procedural manuals
- Prepare and deliver monthly statistical reports to executive management team
- Identify and target areas in which the business can improve operation and grow
- Research and implement new directives for growth opportunities
- Evaluate overall performance by gathering, analyzing and interpreting data and metrics
- Function as the liaison between retail operations and the corporate management team
- Ensure all locations have necessary supplies and equipment to function properly
- Follow up with administrative support to order any additional supplies and coordinate any maintenance requests
- Oversee the implementation of new policies and hold management team accountable to these processes
- Work closely with the Store Leaders at each location to coordinate and oversee larger projects as directed by ownership and corporate team
- Advise and coach all retail managers on management principles and operational situations that arise
- Review employee feedback by assisting managers with employee development meetings for associates
- Make recommendations for promotions, performance improvement plans and terminations
- Assist in creation and follow through of performance improvement plans of employees
- Coordinate bank pickups and drops
- Investigate any issues relating to inventory or cash loss
- Develop and execute weekly merchandising strategies
- Coordinate with procurement and marketing departments to ensure synergy across the company
- 3-5+ years of senior management experience, preferably in a retail environment
- MBA or related Masters Degree required
- Willing to work 50 hours per week
- Ability to think strategically and communicate at the executive level, coupled with top-notch organizational skills and an attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to effectively motivate, develop and manage 100 plus employees
- An obsession with customer service and a willingness to do whatever it takes to satisfy customer needs
- Preferably a regular consumer of the product or familiar with cannabis at a minimum
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- $75,000 to $100,000 annually DOE
- Paid Sick Leave, Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Health Insurance
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program offering in-person, telephonic, texting and video counseling for help with stress, anxiety, depression, family issues, and more
- Earned Wage Access offering on-demand portion of wages for hours already worked but not yet paid for by employer
- Employee Discount Program offering exclusive discounts from top national retailers
- 50% off all smokeable products