Director of Human Resources
Cannabis & Glass Spokane, WA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Cannabis & Glass in Spokane, WA is currently looking for a Director of Human Resources to lead a team of human resources professionals, provide strategic leadership, facilitate organizational change, and support the vision of affordable and regulated cannabis products throughout the Inland Northwest.
We currently operate three dispensaries in Spokane County and one medical dispensary in Iowa. We have over 80 employees across our 4 locations and expect to have over 100 by mid 2020 with additional store expansions on the horizon.
We need a sharp, straightforward, cooperative, and innovative leader who enjoys tackling challenges, leading change and showcasing expertise within the following areas: administrative and organizational leadership, talent management, change management, employment law, compensation strategy, culture oversight, learning and development, and employee recognition and relations.
At a minimum, candidates must be comfortable with medical and/or recreational cannabis; avid consumers of the product are preferred.
- Talent acquisition: provides guidance and support throughout the recruitment process including identifying job requirements and applicant qualifications, creating and updating job descriptions, posting job vacancies, pre-screening resumes, phone screening, scheduling and conducting interviews, checking references and background checks, and verifying educational degrees.
- Onboarding and engagement: supports the success of new staff by collaborating with relevant departments to ensure suitable onboarding, active engagement, and retention of employees.
- Learning and development: supports the development and delivery of learning opportunities to fulfill company needs around mandatory training, continuing education, and professional development opportunities.
- Performance management: performance reviews, compensation strategy, promotions, and conflict resolution.
- Workforce planning: supports the planning for current and foreseeable workforce needs, including the assessment and improvement of hiring practices, targeted recruitment, and succession planning.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management, Human Resources or relevant field
- 3-10+ years of human resources experience
- Ability to work 45-50 hours a week
- Demonstrated proficiency in research, development and implementation of policies and practices to achieve company goals and/or regulatory compliance.
- Excellent communication capability to effectively articulate company culture, policies, and practices.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
- Must be comfortable discussing recreational marijuana.
- Ability to potentially work evenings, weekends, and/or holidays
- Ability to pass a pre-employment background check
- Master’s degree in Business, Management, or relevant field
- Specialized training in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, safety, training, and preventive labor relations
This position may require light travel between 3 locations in Spokane County, less than 20 miles apart.
- To be considered, please respond to this ad with the following:
- Updated resume in PDF format
- Cover letter
- Compensation requirements
- Valid phone number and email address
Powered by JazzHR
Cannabis & Glass
BusinessView all jobs at Cannabis & Glass