Cannabiniers is a developer of global cannabis brands that revolutionize the industry with first to market, patented, safe, natural and fast-acting infusion technology. The company believes the future of cannabis consumption is dependent upon products that normalize personal and social usage without changing lifestyle patterns and behavioral norms. We lead the public opinion shift by creating smoke-free, micro-dosed products that provide an elevated experience that is in perfect alignment with various personal and social lifestyle occasions – laying the groundwork for consumer trust.
We are seeking a Canning Line Operator for our fast growing operation in Sorrento Valley. The Canning Line Operator will lead a team of production staff to receive, transfer, carbonate, infuse and can non-alcoholic beer, ready-to-drink coffees, and teas. This position will work alongside the packaging team in canning, racking, and various cellar tasks. This position requires past experience in working in a Brewery or similar filed.
CORE JOB DUTIES:
- Can non-alcoholic beer, tea, and coffee according to SOP.
- Perform tasks with a focus towards organization, sanitation, and safety.
- Ensure product is of highest standard before and after packaging.
- Run routine inspections on equipment to ensure quality packaging.
- CIP brite tanks and hoses/pump in preparation for receiving beer in totes according to SOP.
- Purge brite tanks to under 10 ppb oxygen with Co2 and test with a gehaltameter.
- Receive totes of non-alcoholic beer and transfer to brite tank while maintaining sanitation and low oxygen pickup.
- Rinse empty totes for shipping.
- Carbonate beer in brite tank according to SOP and test with a gehaltemeter.
- CIP can-line according to SOP.
- CIP equipment for making and canning ready-to-drink coffees and teas.
- Perform scheduled maintenance.
- Rack beer into kegs.
- Effectively work and coordinate with packaging team.
- Monitor inventories of raw materials and finished goods with attention to long lead time items.
- Accurately keep records pertaining to tasks.
- Operate three-head semi-auto keg washer.
- Maintain clean work environment and organized warehouse.
- Assist in cross department tasks as required.
- Ensure secure pallet packaging.
- Work with truck drivers to load and unload products in a safe secure manner.
- Maintain all equipment and work spaces.
- Maintain accurate inventory, raw materials and packaged goods.
- Additional duties as required.
- A minimum of six months experience in a brewery/cellar environment, preferably in a regulated field producing for human consumption.
- A minimum of six months canning experience - required.
- Strong mechanical understanding and skill.
- Experience with using chemicals and CIP procedures - required.
- Familiarity with carbonation - required.
- Familiarity with pasteurization - preferred.
- Forklift certification - preferred.
- Experience in the cannabis industry - preferred.
- Must work safely with and around hazardous chemicals and equipment.
- Effectively problem-solve under pressure.
- Must regularly stand, sit, kneel, and lift equipment up to 165 lbs. for extended periods of time.
- Must complete repetitive tasks, including: leaning, bending and twisting for extended periods of time.
- Must thrive in a fast-paced, changing and challenging environment.
TO APPLY TO THIS JOB:
Go to https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/List/2975/Cannabiniers
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be moderate.
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
San Diego Business Services Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.