CannaSafe is seeking a professional and experienced Laboratory Manager to join our team! The Laboratory Manager has primary responsibility for the planning and operational performance. The Director is responsible for direct oversight for the day-to-day operations and ensuring compliance with quality and safety standards within a lab. The manager is accountable to know and follow the company policies and standards, lead through example in the lab, and live the values of the organization while supporting the rapid growth while maintaining the company’s compliance with the accreditation body.
We are committed to defining consumer safety and quality assurance standards for the cannabis industry. We are a full-service testing laboratory offering a one-stop solution where cannabis cultivators and distributors can ensure that their products are in full compliance with all regulatory requirements.
Laboratory Manager General Responsibilities:
- Manage inside operations, including production, process evaluation and monitoring
- Work closely with the Quality team to assure method and SOP compliance
- Improve our product and delivery to our Customers
- Manage laboratory costs related to all operations activities including equipment, labor and supplies
- Monitor and manage facilities and equipment and keep both in enough working order
- Ensure a safe work environment within the lab
- Management responsibilities including, but not limited to; involved in hiring and termination decisions, coaching and development, rewards and recognition, performance management and staff productivity, and daily operations of multiple levels of staff and multiple functions/departments across matrix organization
- Evaluate both OOS & CAPA reports with the Laboratory Director and Quality department.
- Provided Opinions and Interpretations when necessary regarding the quality and meaning of analytical data contained within analytical reports provided to customers.
- Other duties as assigned or requested
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field from a four-year college or university; Minimum 5 years of relevant industry and laboratory operations experience including management experience
- Advanced degree preferred
- Advanced knowledge of principles, terminology, practices, techniques and instrumentation commonly used in a laboratory setting
- Collaborative work approach aligned with corporate values
- Prior Cannabis experience preferred
- Must have a positive and supportive attitude.
- Must be able to work in a teamwork oriented working environment.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Effective oral and written communication including ability to communicate with individuals in differing roles including employees, customers, and vendors.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and maintain a strong work ethic.
- Proven leadership competencies
What We Offer:
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Job type: Full-Time
Salary Range: $75k -$85k/annually
Perks and benefits offered!
Please click apply now to be considered, we look forward to hearing from you!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age sexual orientation, gender, identity, disability or veterans status.