CannaSafe is looking for a motivated and detailed oriented Junior Software Developer to join our team! The Jr. Software Developer will be engaged in all phases of the software development life-cycle which includes gathering and analyzing user/business system requirements and creating application system models, writing code to create necessary function in software. They will participate in design meetings and consult with clients to refine, test and debug programs to meet business needs and direct third-party partners in the achievement of business and technology initiatives
CannaSafe is committed to defining consumer safety and quality assurance standards for the cannabis industry. We are a full-service analytical testing laboratory offering a one-stop solution where cannabis cultivators and distributors can ensure that their products are in full compliance with all regulatory requirements.
· Develop, test and implement new software programs.
· Clearly and regularly communicate with management and technical support colleagues.
· Design and update software database. This includes, but is not limited to: Software Applications, Web Sites, Data Communication Processes and User Interfaces.
· Test, maintain and recommend software improvements to ensure strong functionality and optimization.
· Independently install, customize and integrate commercial software packages
· Work with team members to conduct root cause analysis of issues, review new and existing code and/or perform unit testing.
· Identify ideas to improve system performance and impact availability.
· Resolve complex technical design issues.
· Development of technical specifications and plans.
· Analyze user requirements and convert requirements to design documents.
· Make good technical decisions that provide solutions to business challenges.
· Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of communication with internal and external customers.
· Provide comprehensive support to internal customers; achieve resolution to outstanding problems or issues.
· Compile timely, comprehensive and accurate documentation and or reports as requested.
Possess up-to-date knowledge of technological developments in the industry
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, information security or related areas.
- 2-3+ years developing web applications using Ruby on Rails
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming
- Strong familiarity with data structures
- Database experience
- Strong API experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Hands-on experience with Git, experience working with AWS
- Team player as well as able to work independently.
- Knowledge about Web application security
· Job Type: Full-time. On-site.
Salary: $65k to $73k . Based off experience