CannaSafe is committed to defining consumer safety and quality assurance standards for the cannabis industry. We are a full-service analytical testing laboratory offering a one-stop solution where cannabis cultivators and distributors can ensure that their products are in full compliance with all regulatory requirements.
CannaSafe is looking for a motivated and detailed oriented Software Engineer to join our team! We are on a mission to add an experienced Software Engineer. They will be engaged in all phases of the software development lifecycle which includes gathering and analyzing user/business system requirements and creating application system models, writing code to create necessary function in software. They will participate in design meetings and consult with clients to refine, test and debug programs to meet business needs and direct third-party partners in the achievement of business and technology initiatives.
· Develop, test and implement new software programs.
· Clearly and regularly communicate with management and technical support colleagues.
· Design and update software database. This includes, but is not limited to: Software Applications, Web Sites, Data Communication Processes and User Interfaces.
· Test, maintain and recommend software improvements to ensure strong functionality and optimization.
· Independently install, customize and integrate commercial software packages
· Work with team members to conduct root cause analysis of issues, review new and existing code and/or perform unit testing.
· Identify ideas to improve system performance and impact availability.
· Resolve complex technical design issues.
· Development of technical specifications and plans.
· Analyze user requirements and convert requirements to design documents.
· Work with an existing cross-functional team collaborating with business users, clients and other stakeholders to ensure continuous release of new features and capabilities that are important to users.
· Collaborate with cross-functional teams, users and stakeholders empathizing with their concerns and appropriately address them.
· Develop, test and maintain applications built using Ruby and Ruby-on-Rails
· Perform and facilitate peer code reviews and incorporate required code changes
· Diagnose and troubleshoot issues discovered in production and take ownership of problems through resolution
· Support project manager/scrum master in agile ceremonies, requirements development, SDLC documentation and other programmatic requirements
· Strong understanding/experience with feature estimation
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, information security or related areas.
- 7+ years developing web applications using Ruby on Rails
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming
- Strong familiarity with data structures
- Database experience; experience working with AWS
- Strong API experience
- Hands-on experience with Git
- Knowledge about Web application security.
· Job Type: Full-time. On-site.
Salary: $95k to $120k . Based off experience
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age sexual orientation, gender, identity, disability or veterans status.