Content/License Application Writer responsibilities include:
- Researching city ordinances and preparing a merit-based license cannabis application to include the guidelines outlined within the city’s application (combining cannabis operations, understanding of security and procedures, packaging law, business Performa’s, diversity plan, etc.)
- Writing a clear understanding of state and local cannabis laws.
- Preparing well-structured paragraphs using the application and its specific questions as your outline.
We are looking for a Content/License Application Writer to join the CannEdge team to help in a city application licensing process.
Content/Application Writer responsibilities include conducting thorough research on the related industry, proofreading and editing the application up until it’s the final deadline. If you’re familiar with producing similar content and have an eye for detail, we’d like to meet you. Feel free to share samples of your work or portfolio of your recent application work, along with your cover letter and resume.
- Research city ordinances, state, and local laws and be able to transcribe into the acquired RFP directions
- Write a clear understanding of retail cannabis business operations, security, product packaging and labeling, biographies, employee conduct, diversity plan, etc.
- Proofread and editing
- Submit final application work
- Coordinate with subcontractors for proposals, quotes, and application inserts
- Research similar application work for references
- Very detailed oriented and pays attention to detail
- Proficient in Google Docs, Microsoft Word, and Adobe
- Ensure all-around knowledge of the city application process and CUP process
- Available to work long hours
- Work experience as a Content Writer
- Experience doing research and following directions
- Familiarity with cannabis law
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English
- Ability to meet deadlines
- BSc in Marketing, English, Journalism, Government, or related field