Are you entrepreneurial with a passion for business, art and design? Do you enjoy building relationships and teams and working in a collaborative environment? Does being part of growing locally owned unique candy store sound exciting?
Candy Mâché, a one of a kind candy store in Issaquah is searching for an Director of Operations who will assist the owner in the behind the scenes and overall running of the business – financial analysis, marketing of goods & services, business planning, inventory and staff management as well as providing some daytime coverage of the store as needed on an emergency basis.
Key Responsibilities of the Director of Operations:
· Analyze sales data to come up with purchasing and pricing plans and create reports detailing sales, revenue, product details, etc.
· Manage inventory, update inventory software, and manage purchasing by analyzing costs to limit expenditures and maximize profits.
· Manage Social Media Marketing activities.
· Oversee the communication plan for customers and manage the donation program.
· Assist Owner with finding & developing new products, services and events for the store that will maximize profits.
· Work with Bookkeeper to review receipts and QuickBooks entries to confirm correct categorizations and analyze spending to assist in budgeting.
· Track waste/broken products to write off or get refunds from distributors.
· Keep all binders updated w/current policies, forms, sign-up lists and ensure that employees are trained on their use.
· Work with Assistant Manager to create employee schedules that minimize payroll costs while providing coverage for shifts & events.
· Work with Assistant Manager to ensure smooth operations of the store – overseeing inventory and supply purchasing & storage, prepping of items for events, creating processes that make the store run efficiently.
· Assist managing of employees to include recruiting, employee relations, performance reviews and maintaining personnel files.
· Act as an emergency daytime Lead to answer phone and cover front desk, answer customer questions and check out customers as needed on an emergency basis.
A successful candidate will have:
· Previous management & training experience in a retail type environment.
· Business and Marketing background with an interest in entrepreneurial pursuits.
· Proficient in QuickBooks & Excel.
· Quick learner, team oriented, friendly and joyful personality.
· Detail & goal oriented, excellent communicator with diplomatic, creative problem-solving abilities.
· Resourceful, responsible, independent and reliable.
· Experience with social media marketing & sales analysis
· Interest in art, crafts and parties is a plus!
· Available to work core business hours Monday - Friday.
· Able to attend 1 or 2 out of town trips to gifting and candy conventions.
Candy Mâché offers a fun experience where customers can enjoy exploring the colors, textures, patterns and memories that candy brings to life. The variety of candy offerings, custom orders, shaved ice and parties is just the beginning. Candy Mâché strives to be unique in every way and maintains the utmost attention to detail and friendly. Go to https://www.candymache.com/ to learn more. If this sounds like an exciting opportunity and a place you want to come to work every day, apply today at brenda@candymache (dot) com.