- $19 to $20 Hourly
We know that hiring individuals with a strong fit to our culture is paramount to our success. If you are optimistic and enjoy challenges, being innovative, and developing solutions, and you value ownership in the work you do, then you may have the Cando Spirit. If you enjoy working outdoors Apply Now! We offer the opportunity of employee ownership, flexibility and consistent employment. The rate of pay ranges from $19.00 - $20.50 an hour depending on experience.
Equipment Operator with Cando are responsible for performing the safe and efficient loading and unloading of product and the flow of frames to proper storage areas of shipping locations. Working in a fast-paced, customer oriented environment, the Operators must work well in teams to maximize efficiency while demonstrating a strong initiative and safety focus.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Operate equipment such as forklift, genie lift, trackmobile, etc. according to the safety rules and regulations of Cando and its customer
- Maintain inventory by identifying, labelling, and placing frames and supplies in stock and recording locations of inventory
- Locate materials and supplies by pulling and verifying frames listed in production/shipping orders
- Document frames and supplies disposition by recording units delivered and the location of the units (FIFO)
- Prepare stock for shipment by identifying, pulling, placing, loading, scanning, and capping/securing product on truck and/or railcar
- Adhere to all Health and Safety Programs; conduct job hazard analysis, report unsafe working conditions, and ensure they are repaired immediately
- Contribute to team effort by assisting other team members in all functions of the job
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Prioritize and perform multiple tasks with the ability to meet daily demands and function in stressful situations
- Ability to operate and perform daily maintenance on forklifts including the ability to change clamps and exchange propane cylinders
- General knowledge of computer systems, business equipment, and shipping documents
- Demonstrate initiative to work with others to foster a respectful workplace
- Physically fit including the ability to pull self up and down from truck and forklift and work outside in all weather conditions
- Able to accept new challenges and responsibilities as they arise
Education & Experience
- Training will be provided; Must be able to hold and maintain required certification
- Experience operating forklifts, genie lifts, etc is preferred
Note: This description is not intended to limit the assignment of work or be construed as a complete list of the many duties to be performed by the incumbent. The qualifications are provided so interested candidates understand of the level of expertise required in this position.
Cando Rail & TerminalsBowling Green, KY
Transportation and Storage
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.