The International Cannabis Bar Association is looking for a new member of our team!
Membership and Events Coordinator, Social Media Manager, and Executive Assistant
- 40 hours per week
- salary commiserate with equivalent non-profit positions (45-55k annually)
- Offers unparalleled exposure to legal practitioners in the cannabis industry for career development.
INCBA is looking for an enthusiastic new employee that is looking to make a mark in the growing cannabis industry. The ideal employee will help us continue to host wonderful in-person events (educational events, cocktail hours, and parties), interface with our membership, manage our online platforms, and assist the Executive Director in building out all aspects of the organization.
Work location is in Oakland at 1st and Broadway, near Jack London Square. Flexible work schedule available after 3 month probationary period of in-office work.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Detail oriented
- Experienced event planner
- Technologically proficient and able to learn new platforms (ability to use and learn to use various technology platforms to update website, manage membership, design certain marketing and promotional materials, etc.)
- Effective Communicator (written and verbal)
- Ability to draft copy for email blasts and promotional materials
- Proficient at reading and filling out forms
- Self-starter (ability to identify hurdles in executing tasks and overcome them with a minimum amount of supervision
Primary responsibilities may include:
- Responding to membership inquiries via email and phone (learning and being able to answer questions on all aspects of the association and what we provide)
- Handling our Continuing Legal Education applications to state bar associations
- Providing members and attendees with required documentation, including CLE forms
- Organizing certain in-person events, including identifying venues, hiring bartenders and caterers, organizing guest lists, and executing other logistics requirements
- Scheduling for Executive Director
- Participation in calls with Executive Director and note taking
- Managing various online membership platforms
- Updating website
- Drafting and sending marketing emails on behalf of the association
- Bookkeeping experience a plus
The INCBA was formed in 2015 by a group of attorneys in the San Francisco Bay Area to connect the legal practitioners serving the cannabis industry and to educated attorneys to enable them to provide high-quality legal services to the industry while complying with ethical requirements. With over 500 members, the NCBA is the first and largest national organization that exclusively serves the needs of business lawyers serving the cannabis community.