The Senior Civil Engineer will be part of Canadian Solar's Americas Turnkey Solutions team focused on building utility scale Photovoltaic Solar plants throughout Americas. He or she will be the resident civil engineering expert and will provide support to the business development and the project teams from our Walnut Creek, California office. The Senior Civil Engineer will be responsible for defining the structural design basis of utility-scale solar plants within America. He or she will utilize a wide array of software and methods to design the most efficient solutions weight constructability, quality, cost and performance. Some of the key deliverables (but not limited to) will be in the form of PV site plans, storm water management requirements, grading plans, and 3D site models. The steps, methods, calculations and standard designs that are developed throughout his or her day to day work will be documented and shared with
other regional Civil Engineers.
- Create civil site plans for utility-scale solar projects using Autocad Civil 3D.
- Evaluate site specific grading requirement and related construction costs.
- Create typical details for roads, storm water and various key civil related designs.
- Develop civil design standard and specifications.
- Prepare preliminary storm water calculations and recommendations.
- Support the project development team with feasibility studies, cost models and high level design.
- Optimize civil design in collaboration with the system designer.
- Lead continuous improvements of design standards, specifications and design process.
- Review global projects civil plans from subcontractors.
- Ensure that all business activities are performed with the highest ethical standards and in compliance with the Canadian Solar Solution Code of Business Conduct.
- Adhere to all health and safety rules and company policies.
- Complete other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor in Civil Engineering. Masters preferred
- Minimum of 7 years engineering experience in large scale civil engineering such as roads, residential subdivisions or industrial complexes construction projects.
- Proficiency with AutoCad Civil 3D.
- Proficient in Storm Water Management calculations.
- Proficient with Hydraulic Modeling software such as PC-SWMM or HEC-RAS.
- Experienced in Geotechnical investigation.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Wide knowledge of relevant regulations and international standards.
- Ability to read & understand electrical, structural, mechanical & architectural drawings.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to effectively lead, manage and motivate junior and intermediate staff.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Able to work effectively with clients, a team of professionals and support staff.
- Excellent organizational, planning and execution skills.
- Initiative, innovative and committed to technical excellence as well as enthusiastic and driven toward long-term success.
- Ability to multitask