* Make an immediate and meaningful impact in the rapidly evolving agricultural industry
* Flexible work environment offering the ability to work remotely
* Abundant growth, learning, and professional development opportunities
Across Canada, thousands of farms work each day to grow, process, and deliver the quality crops that become the food you enjoy each day. At the heart of this operation, exists an essential ingredient: seed.
For farmers and food processors alike, using reliable, high-quality seed is of critical importance. For seed buyers, having a third-party certification process to verify the varietal genetic purity of that seed is important. Since 1904, the Canadian Seed Growers’ Association (CGSA) (https://seedgrowers.ca/) has ensured the supply of high-quality seed in Canada. CSGA is the only national organization in Canada to monitor and certify pedigreed seed crops in Canada for all crops kinds, except potatoes.
A large part of our mission is to deliver a flexible, responsive, and cost-effective seed certification system for our stakeholders. We’ve achieved this mission by developing and maintaining innovative technological platforms, used by our members, partners, and internal team members to manage and oversee the seed certification process.
As our organization and service offering continues to evolve, we’ve identified a need for a new Technology Manager, Digital Enablement.
That’s where you come in.
As our new Technology Manager, you will execute and operationalize our technology strategy, while helping lead and deliver the ongoing development of our technology infrastructure, systems, and processes. You’ll work under the direction of the Managing Director of Certification and Technology Services, and in close coordination with external third parties (i.e. programmers, hardware and desktop support specialists, etc.) to execute your key responsibilities.
A critical part of your role will be to oversee our seed certification software platform, SeedCert. You will ensure the smooth operation of the system, while leading and project managing the ongoing development and implementation of new features and improvements to the platform.
Practically speaking, you will:
* Develop and operationalize governance frameworks, policy, procedures, standards, and roadmaps as it relates to CSGA’s technology infrastructure, applications, and data
* Oversee the development and delivery of IT products, programs, tools, material, education and training
* Ensure the stability, scalability, availability, and security of CSGA’s technology infrastructure, systems and processes
* Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and enhance high quality software solutions
* Develop and maintain queries, dashboards, data visualizations, and reports to support CSGA business needs and strategic priorities
* Contribute to CSGA budgeting and project management activities
* Monitor technology trends, developments, and advancements
* Manage relationships with IM/IT vendors, external contractors, and clients
* Provide guidance for IM/IT staff and contractors on all aspects of CSGA’s IM/IT infrastructure
To succeed in this role, you’ll need to be a big-picture thinker, who’s also ready to roll up your sleeves to get the work done. You thrive in a dynamic and fast-changing environment, are highly intelligent, and able to adapt quickly to meet the needs of the organization. You’ll come equipped with excellent interpersonal skills, strong emotional intelligence, and a genuine interest in the agricultural industry in Canada.
And while your technical expertise will be the foundation of your success in this role, it is your curiosity, hunger for continuous improvement, and aptitude for leadership that will make you stand out.
If you’re in search of an exciting and challenging new opportunity in which you can make a meaningful difference, look no further.
Working @ CSGA
Our close-knit team is defined by collaboration, flexibility, and transparency. We promote an open-door policy, in which colleagues can ask for guidance, lean on one another, and trust each other completely. We strive to involve our team in the big decisions and are committed to ensuring that employees at all levels are given exposure to our decision-making processes.
This is a full-time permanent role, with the potential for flexible hours. While our office is located in Ottawa (and it would be an asset if you were also located here), we’re also open to candidates outside of Ottawa who can work remotely. We offer a competitive salary range, medical and dental benefits, pension plan with matching contributions, and an annual personal performance bonus (up to 10%).
Here’s what we need:
* Minimum of 8-10 years’ of IT management experience, with demonstrated leadership and management skills
* Significant knowledge of IT enterprise systems (IT infrastructure, cloud migration, software development)
* Proven experience leading IT planning, innovation, operations, project management, change management, and development across different functional groups
* Proven experience with Microsoft Stack (Office 365, and ideally including Azure, Dynamics, and PowerBI)
* A degree in the field of computer science, information systems, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
And a combination of any of the following is an asset:
* PMP certification
* Experience with Laserfiche (our content management system)
* Experience with Microsoft Dynamics and Azure (where we are headed)
* Experience or familiarity with Delphi, C#, or ASP.NET (which we use to develop our custom tools)
* Bilingualism (English/French)
How to Apply
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete person – not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. After submitting, you'll receive an email inviting you to log in and view your assessment results.
We strive to build a team that reflects the diversity of the community we work in and encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups such as women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, people identifying as LGBTQ2SI, veterans, and people with disabilities.
We will review applications, with priority given to those who have completed the assessment and look forward to hearing from you.