- Req ID: [[id]]
- Department: [[filter6]]
- Job Type: [[jobLevel]]
- Position Type: [[relocationPack]]
- Location: [[filter3]], [[filter2]]
- Country: [[filter1]]
- % of Travel: [[travel]]
- # of Positions: [[numberOpenings]]
- Job Grade: [[jobGrade]]
- Job Available to: [[jobAvailable]]
- Deadline to apply: [[closeDate]]
Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to major ports on the west and east coasts, providing North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of CP.
Mechanical repair and maintenance of roadway equipment and other duties as assigned.
- Must be qualified in repair and overhaul of gasoline and diesel engines;
- Experience with troubleshooting and repair of hydraulic systems (electric over hydraulic and air over hydraulic);
- Knowledge of welding, operation, and maintenance of work and roadway equipment;
- Formal Technical education for Diesel or Heavy Duty Mechanics or at least 3 years' experience in Heavy Duty or Diesel mechanics preferred;
- Extensive travel required;
- CDL license or ability to obtain;
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Employer Funded Retirement Plan
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
- Part-time Studies Program
CP is committed to the safety and health of its employees and the general public. This position is considered a safety sensitive or safety critical position; all new hires will be required to complete a pre-employment medical evaluation that includes a vision, hearing, drug screening and pre-employment physical.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
- Last 3 years of driving history
- Last 7 years of employment history
- Social Security number verification
CP is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, inclusive of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.