This is a 13 month contract opportunity. (Maternity) Approx. 30 hours per week up to 40.
Wondering what you’d be doing?
- Responsible for responding to consumer inquiries email, phone and in-person
- Assist customers with their DNA results-both receiving them and understanding them.
- All order entry on a daily basis.
- Mailing and couriering test kits on a daily basis
- Managing our Canine Shelter program
- General Office Duties
Here’s what we are looking for…
- Min.1-2 years’ experience in Customer Service, office management, or a similar administrative role
- Passionate about pets and have an aptitude for acquiring skills in dog genetics and an eagerness to learn
- Post-Secondary education
- Strong customer focus
- Good problem solving skills with an attention to detail
- Organized, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Accurate order entry skills
- Demonstrates high-quality work standards; accepts responsibility for his or her own work
- Excellent Microsoft Office Skills (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Accepts openly and willingly that things will change; adapts personal approach to meet the change and quickly modifies behaviors to deal effectively with change
- Consistently exhibits DNA My Dog’s values taking pride in being innovative, respectful, passionate, accountable, and entrepreneurial while exhibiting personal commitment
- Must have excellent oral and written skills
We truly thank all applicants for their interest in joining our team (we totally understand why you’d want to), but only those candidates considered for an initial interview will be contacted.
This position will begin September 3, 2019 and last approximately 13 months. The hours are 11-5 with some 9-5 days as necessary. Can be somewhat flexible. We are located in South Scarborough.