Project Manager - Right of Way Experience
- Posted: May 21, 2022
Please note this position is remote in the United States.
Join the Canacre team in an exciting role working on leading edge infrastructure projects.
We are technical experts in land, energy, and transportation development delivering accurate, innovative, and agile solutions to our partners. We provide land acquisition, geospatial mapping, data management, web-based GIS, community relations, land feasibility studies, and permitting services. Canacres clients include developers, large scale service providers, and government entities that are involved in the planning and development of energy projects, rights of way, resources, and infrastructure across Canada and the United States. Canacre works on large-scale wind and solar power projects, high-voltage transmission lines, pipeline projects, municipal roads projects, and groupings of cellular towers and rooftop antennas.
At Canacre, we act with honesty and integrity within a culture where trust, collaboration, and teamwork flourish. We commit to diversity, inclusivity and the celebration of successes. Our vision is to foster an environment that promotes inspired and empowered team members who make an impact.
The Project Manager is accountable for project deliverables for a transmission line development from conception through to completion, including quality assurance, risk assessment, milestone deliverables, forecasting, managing scope creep within the defined scope from the client delivered on time and on budget. The Project Manager has direct communication with the client, is responsible for meeting client expectations, manages the defined projects objectives and oversees quality control throughout the project lifecycle.
In addition, your role will be to:
- Coordinate and lead internal resources (Land Services, GIS, Land Administration and/or Planning & Permitting), set expectations and priorities, determine metrics, obtain deliverables and achieve milestones
- Administer feasibility studies, implement project procedures, prepare forecastings, maintain, and stay within budgets, develop schedules and milestones, and understand appraisal reports
- Liaise directly with clients and provide reports, updates and solutions to project status and challenges
- Establish project messaging for stakeholders, including landowners and communities.
- Manage detailed tracking and communication of project progress from a task, time, schedule, and cost perspective
- Ensure all client deliverables are completed and delivered on schedule
- Review Record of Contacts (ROCs) for landowner, public agency and other stakeholder consultations
- Identify and provide project details for tracking purposes
- Host weekly or biweekly meetings with the client and internal project team to review progress, concerns, updates, schedule and deliverables
- Update senior management and the project team on changes in scope, status of the project and schedule changes/expectations
- Identify project risks, establish solutions and escalate accordingly within Internal Management
- Manage changes in project scopes, identifies solutions for potential issues and devises contingency plans as required, while engaging the appropriate resources
- Identify change orders, generate necessary documentation and negotiate such change orders with the client
- Approve expenses and monitor timesheets/budgets
- Ensure safety and training requirements are met and in place to meet client expectations
- Work with Business Development to identify opportunities for additional business opportunities with current and potential clients
- Maintain relationships and coordinate with third parties; such as sub contractors, strategic partners, or vendors
- Assign and assess team member roles and responsibilities and oversee overall project status
- Train, mentor and develop project staff members as required
- Post-secondary degree in geography, geomatics, real estate, planning, project management, business or equivalent or minimum 10 years industry experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 5 years management experience
- Minimum 5 years ROW experience in a professional service consulting environment, working with external clients
- Minimum 5 years professional Acquisition experience working on infrastructure projects
- Professional work experience in all phases of Right of Way including an in-depth knowledge of title, acquisition, survey permitting, permitting, condemnation and construction support
- Professional work experience in land acquisition, energy, real estate, permitting, project development and/or client facing/consulting on renewable and/or transmission line infrastructure projects
- A proven track record in project planning, executing, managing and closing on projects
- A proven track record of delivering projects within scope, on time and on budget
- Ability to manage, mentor and lead others
- Ability to conduct meetings and effectively capture decisions and actions
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously with minimal supervision
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated and highly organized with strong problem solving skills
- Ability to build strong, lasting relationships with key stakeholders
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- PMP designation preferred
At Canacre, our benefits program is one of the ways in which we reinforce the value we place on employees and the role they play in helping us achieve our goals. Canacre offers comprehensive health and dental coverage, paid time off, and disability insurance. Other benefits include a 401(k) Savings Plan employer matching program, Employee Assistance Program, flexible work arrangement and a variety of wellness programs.
Given the volume of applications we typically receive, we are unable to respond to all applicants, however, you will be contacted if your experience is a suitable match with one of our upcoming projects.
Powered by JazzHR
AddressNew York, NY
ConstructionView all jobs at Canacre