Our client is looking for a full-time employee to offer IT and Web Design Support in addition to serving as a backup for Data Entry in the accounting department. The right candidate will work alongside an experienced IT/Web Designer and Accounting Clerk. The successful candidate will supply support for various IT and web design projects and assist with data entry for daily accounting functions as necessary.
This role is moving forward quickly so if you’re interested please apply today! We are open to junior candidates that show a strong aptitude.
IT/Web Design Potential Duties (80-90%):
- Install/update/configure/remove programs and devices as directed
- Post & maintain given content to WordPress with an eye to SEO & other technical concerns (light HTML editing if needed)
- Help users with technical questions & issues: research fixes and escalate if needed
- Take photos of products and/or film operations and edit them for web use (ensure white background, resize, crop, etc.)
- Add dimension labels to a product drawing in line with established standards
- Create or edit an interactive PDF form using Adobe Acrobat (or similar)
- Maintain IT inventory
- Run a mail merge in Word (backed by a database) to print labels, or sort and filter data in Excel to produce reports
- Research potential technical solutions as directed
- Data entry and/or analysis
- Use Google Analytics (or similar) to analyze web content and make recommendations
Data Entry / Accounting Duties (10-20%):
- Serve as backup and assistant data entry operator in the accounting department
- Potential receptionist duties may require answering 6 – 7 phone calls per hour
- Matching purchase orders to invoices in Accounts Payable
- Reconcile payments received to open invoices in Accounts Receivable
- Filing quotes / orders in a support role to the Sales department
- Preparing bank deposits
- Familiarity with bookkeeping and basic accounting procedures
- Reconciling ACH payments by customers to open invoices
- Maintaining customer files with updated / current information
- Contacting customers with past due invoices
- Open daily mail and organize it for each department
- Keying of data into the accounting system
- Run credit reports / references for new customers
- Job share at times to cover for other team members
- Research, track, and restore accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies
- Perform month-end processing of general ledger accounts
- Assist with general office needs
- Search skills (Google, etc. for IT problem solving)
- Comfortable in a Microsoft Windows/Microsoft Office environment (helping others)
- WordPress experience (or similar) – bonus points for code-level comfort (HTML, CSS, PHP, etc.)
- Ability to take and edit product photos and videos, create or update vector drawings
- Customer service (internal users)
- Familiarity with graphic database query tools & spreadsheet manipulation (Microsoft Excel) – SQL experience or interest a plus
- Strong typing/writing skills are highly desired
- 10-key skills are a bonus
- General business skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Flexible and adaptable in the work environment
Benefits (Available after Probationary Period) Include:
- Fully paid medical and dental insurance for the employee and immediate family.
- 401(k) with 25% employer match.
- Paid vacation.
- Many other benefits.
This is a full-time position (7:00 am – 4:00 pm). The work hours could potentially be 6:00 – 3:00 or 8:00 – 5:00 if that was a critical issue to the ideal candidate.