The IT/Helpdesk Support Specialist is responsible for providing end user support on our computer environment, including desktop, laptop, tablet, software and hardware installation, scanner and printer support, application security, mobile technology management, remote access technologies, and other administration tasks.
- Maintain and improve end-user service, perception, and satisfaction.
- Act as the primary point of contact for our organization’s IT support needs.
- Responsible for entering all work as service tickets and time as it occurs.
- Coordinates efforts with contracted IT contacts.
- IT support involving core business application and operating systems, as well as virtual environments on VMware.
- Implementation and support for Microsoft related technologies: Windows Server, Exchange, SQL, Office 365, Windows 7/10, etc.
- Remote access solution implementation and support: VPN, Remote Desktop.
- IT environment documentation to include system reviews and recommendations.
- Creation of new users via active directory and coordinating equipment acquisition.
- Act as administrator and security admin for various applications.
- Communication w/ management: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages.
- Assesses potential risks and technical challenges and prepares appropriate mitigation plan.
- Recommends process improvements to ensure desktop systems reliability, scalability, security, integrity and performance.
- Maintains problem documentation and their resolution procedures for future reference.
- Develops training materials and procedures and train employees in the proper use of hardware and software.
- Answers and accurately completes/ reacts to the organization’s staff inquiries.
- Work in compliance with and helps develop the organization policies and procedures.
- An Associate or Bachelor's degree in an IT related field
- Experience with Microsoft Office required
- Colo and/or cloud environment experience preferred
- Active Directory experience required
- Experience with IT Helpdesk or support position.
- Know the Ins and Outs of a Windows PC (Hardware & Operating System)
- Intermediate knowledge of windows server environment including active directory.
- Intermediate proficiency in managing Microsoft server operating systems and networks.
- Intermediate knowledge in managing network devices including switches, firewalls and wireless access points.
- Ability to work on multiple priorities and/or projects simultaneously.
- Problem-solving abilities and ability to meet reasonable deadlines.
- Excellent listening and communications skills, both verbal and written.
Pay Range:$18-$22/hr DOE
Monday - Friday 8am-5pm (some flexibility in schedule)