Campus Life & Style Lawrence, KS
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Seeking a qualified Lead Maintenance Technician to join the Campus Life & Style family. This position is responsible for assisting the Maintenance Supervisor to run a customer-centric Facilities program. Job
duties include the ability to work independently or as part of a team to assist in the timely completion of resident work orders, make readies, preventive maintenance tasks, and general property curb appeal. Candidates must have a minimum 2 years’ experience in facilities and maintenance with a general to
advanced working knowledge of the following systems.
Experience/ Job Qualifications
• Residential appliance repair
• HVAC (EPA certification required – type II minimum)
• Working knowledge of building HVAC systems
• Working knowledge of building plumbing systems
• Working knowledge of building electrical systems
• Make Ready execution
• Construction (sheetrock patch/texture/paint, flooring, carpentry)
General Job Description / Responsibilities
• Assist Maintenance Supervisor to build a team of highly motivated, skilled, organized, and productive individuals who work well together and represent the company in a professional manner at all times.
• Provide first-class customer service to prospects and residents. Ensure that all requests are handled promptly and professionally.
• Consistently maintain professional quality of workmanship, communication, personal appearance, organization, and reporting.
• Assist office staff in maintaining occupancy at or above 99% and collections at or above 99% of potential income.
• Help manager achieve the highest possible net operating income (NOI) through the implementation of effective cost control; revenue improvement efforts (focusing on resident bill-backs, and other income items); and effective budget management
• Ensure that property is clean, maintained, and safe for residents, prospects, employees, and visitors at all times including offices, common areas, stairwells, exteriors, basements, grounds, exteriors, etc.
• Identify and react to potential situations which would cause liability to the property or management company.
• Analyze physical state of properties and identify and implement ways to improve the curb
appeal, with approval from Manager.
• Assist Maintenance Supervisor to conduct analysis of expenses on a regular basis to determine items and methods for expense cutting
• Strive at all times to maintain good work ethics and good company morale.
• Complete all work orders in a timely, professional, and courteous manner, and clean up thoroughly before leaving the unit, or at the end of each work session.
• When completing work orders, ensure all work that is caused by a resident’s act or neglect is properly billed back to resident. Collect proof, pictures, and documentation as needed.
• Work with leasing office on scheduling service requests and other maintenance work to maximize resident satisfaction.
• Whenever possible, execute work and repairs “in-house” and find other ways to reduce the property’s expenses.
• Ensure maintenance vehicles and equipment are kept clean and maintained properly to maximize lifespan.
• Ensure that all equipment and machinery is kept in good condition. This includes but is not limited to: domestic hot water heaters, boilers, and furnaces, air conditioning units and pumps,
storage tanks. Conduct routine maintenance and inspections.
• Assist Maintenance Supervisor with vendor bidding and management.
• Assist Maintenance Supervisor to ensure all necessary maintenance materials are on site as needed, organized, and inventoried. Plan ahead
• Keep an organized and safe maintenance shop and storage areas at all times
• Perform and record quarterly inspections, complete work in timely manner, and ensure proper resident bill-backs.
• Assist Maintenance Supervisor to manage a successful turn by scheduling and management of all maintenance staff and vendors (in cooperation with the property manager) including cleaners, painters, grounds people, courtesy guards, etc.
• Participate in a prompt and effective snow removal program as needed to ensure safety and minimize liability.
• Work with city as needed to obtain proper permits and licenses.
• For the safety of the community, ensure all exterior lighting is functional and sufficient at all times, oversee inspections.
• Set and adhere to realistic project deadlines and update Manager of progress.
• Assist management in creation of projects’ plans and budgets as needed.
• Perform additional inspections as needed to collect and record data (IE: asset inventory, floor plan collection, etc.)
• Follow all code, legal, OSHA, and compliance statutes.
• Maintain good resident relations and promptly inform property manager of any potential or existing problems. Communications with residents should be cordial and professional at all times.
• Assist in building positive relationships with neighbors, the community, the school, and city departments.
• Communicate needs, ideas, and problems effectively with Manager.
• Participate in company training classes and meetings as required; keep all necessary insurances and licenses up to date.
• Walk the properties daily to ensure that all physical aspects are at all times functional, safe, and maintained in an attractive condition to achieve maximum curb appeal.
• Assist Manager with other duties as needed and fill in for staff when necessary.
Campus Life & StyleWhy Work Here?
We understand that success is achieved by hiring great people, and providing them with the tools and guidance needed to do their job well.
1421 W 7th Street LawrenceLawrence, KS
Real EstateView all jobs at Campus Life & Style