Responsible for performing routine building maintenance tasks in one or more fields (electrical, heating, air conditioning (HVAC). Keeping facilities, structures and infrastructure in proper operating condition in a routine, scheduled or anticipated fashion to prevent failure and/or degradation.
- General Electrical knowledge of 277-120v systems and distribution throughout facility.
- HVAC system operation dealing with central plant equipment: Chillers, Water Treatment for cooling system and closed loop, Hot water boilers, VAV boxes and system pumps.
- Use and programming of EMS system using DELTA software.
- Solar energy monitoring and investigative experience for resolving problems.
- Fire Alarm/Sprinklers systems knowledge a plus.
- Order parts and maintain required documents.
- Performs electrical maintenance to include but not to be limited to replacement or repair of fixtures (e.g. wall switches and outlets, incandescent and fluorescent bulbs and tubes, ballast, sockets, fuses, minor appliances, cords, etc.) using appropriate hand, power and specialty tools while keeping personal safety a priority.
- Effective communicator and can assess, address and perform task's/projects professionally daily
- Two years working experience in facility maintenance
- Basic understanding of electrical and plumbing
- Experience performing routine maintenance.
- Strong organizational and follow up skills.
- Eye for detail.
- Professional presentation and attitude.
- Ability to take apart machines, equipment, or devices to remove and replace defective parts.
- Ability to check repair manuals or parts catalogs, as necessary.
- Ability to use common tools such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Ability to read and write in English
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be customer service oriented
- Ability to meet or exceed the company's attendance and punctuality standards
- Ability to climb a ladder and/or step ladder
- Ability to bend at waist, sit, kneel, climb, walk, and stand for long periods of time or as the job may require
- Ability to understand and follow directions as given
- Basic computer knowledge required to create and reply to emails and open/close work orders
- Ability to use smartphone applications
- Opportunity for overtime
- Monthly insurance stipend
- Monthly phone stipend
- 401k with employer match
- PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Holiday Pay