As a member of our team, the Loan Processor prep the file from initial disclosure and manage the file through closing. The Loan Processor will act as a liaison between the loan officer, operations, and outside 3rd parties to ensure a timely closing.
- Process residential mortgage loans in accordance with FNMA, FHLMC, FHA and VA internal guidelines ensuring compliance with company and investor standards.
- Review and analyze borrower profiles, credit reports, title reports, income documentation and assets, including complex business returns.
- Demonstrate proficiency in automated underwriting applications and ability to assess results.
- Submit loans to the underwriting department and process requirements of underwriting decision.
- Proactively and consistently communicate with the borrowers, loan officers, agents and operations staff on status of the loan.
- Communicate file needs and conditions to all parties involved.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency with DU and LP, FHA Connection and VA Portal
- Knowledge of TRID
- Initial disclosure requirements
- Ability to manage an active pipeline of 35 loans and close a minimum of 15
- History of ordering 3rd party services such as 4506T, credit refresh, flood certs, SSA’s
- Excellent level of oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytic skills, attention to detail, and ability to work within time constraints.
- Excellent level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others.
- Intermediate level of computer skills, including the ability to function in a windows environment utilizing Outlook, Word and Excel. LendingQB experience preferred.
- Previously worked in a paperless environment and able to effectively manage your email inbox
- Mortgage: 5 years
- Loan Processing: 3 years