Campland on the Bay and Mission Bay RV Resort are full-service, destination RV and tent camping resorts. Located in the Pacific Beach neighborhood of San Diego, Campland occupies 40 prime acres on Mission Bay just east of Crown Point. Mission Bay RV Resort occupies 20 acres on Mission Bay on the east side of Rose Creek. We seek friendly and qualified applicants for all shifts at the resorts. These shifts in include graveyard.
Blending a friendly demeanor, patience, and tact with the ability to address problems or troublemakers, our rangers assist our guests and provide security. Hours per week may vary depending on business need. Must be available to work weekends and holidays. We conduct pre-hire background checks. $14.00-$15.00/hour DOE plus park perks. Several open positions!
On any given shift, you’ll do one, several or even all of these things according to our policies and procedures:
• Assist guests by answering questions, providing directions, responding to emergencies, accidents, solving problems or accepting items for lost and found
• Patrol the parks and make sure the perimeters are secure
• Enforce park rules (for example, address excess noise and parking violations)
• Staff the entrance gates: verify or issue parking permits, direct police or first responders to correct locations, allow or turn away pedestrians or bicyclists, answer the phone, observe live video from our numerous security cameras
• Provide extra security at live entertainment events
• Provide security at Campland's bar and restaurant
• Write reports of incidents you respond to or witness
• Clear park storm drains as weather conditions require
The work environment is primarily outdoors in day and night conditions. Temperatures fluctuate from the low 40s in winter to highs in the 90s, although most of the year they hover in the 60s and 70s. We experience rainy and arid conditions.
Physical requirements described here represent those you must meet to perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, you will regularly be required to talk or hear, frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
We gladly consider all qualified applicants with current California Security Guard cards whether starting out in security or with many years of experience.