Part Time Support Hub High School Tutors
Campbell Union High School District Campbell, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Support Hub Tutor Responsibilities
Under direct supervision of the principal or their designee, support hub tutors will perform the following tasks:
Requirements and Qualifications:
PLEASE APPLY HERE: https://www.applitrack.com/cuhsd/onlineapp/JobPostings/view.asp?Category=AVID+Tutors&AppliTrackJobId=792&AppliTrackLayoutMode=detail&AppliTrackViewPosting=1
- Take an active role in developing the academic and personal strengths of assigned students.
- Serve as a role model/mentor to students by being a lifelong learner, demonstrating appropriate academic and social behaviors, and wearing appropriate attire at all times.
- Determine from students’ calendars, notes, and discussions, the concepts that need to be taught or retaught.
- Conduct tutorial sessions in all levels of mathematics (strong math background preferred) as well as science (Bio, Chem, Physics).
- Work with students in any phase of the writing process, such as brainstorming, clustering, revision, and editing.
- Assist students in the process of writing in all subject areas, study skills, and other aspects of college preparation.
- Communicate frequently and honestly with the assigned supervisor regarding student progress and areas of concern.
- Participate in all required training, professional development sessions, and meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree or evidence of earned college credit in the field of education; OR successful enrollment in a science, math, or liberal arts Bachelor’s program
- Effective communication skills with students and adults
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated responsibility and reliability
- Former experience working with a school or community-based academic support program preferred
- Bilingual Spanish preferred
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the employee within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required for this position.
It is the policy of Campbell Union High School District (CUHSD) to provide equal opportunity for all individuals in education and employment. District programs and activities shall be free from discrimination, harassment, intimidation and bullying based on actual or perceived characteristics of race or ethnicity, color, ancestry, nationality, national origin, ethnic group identification, age, religion, marital or parental status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, or genetic information, or any other characteristic identified in Education Code 200 or 220, Penal Code 422.55, or Government Code 11135, or based on association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics (Board Policy 5145.3 and 4030 through 4032).
Campbell Union High School DistrictWhy Work Here?
Supportive staff at a progressive school district, competitive daily rates for credentialed subs
Campbell Union High School District, located in the heart of the Silicon Valley, is a small, close knit district committed to ensuring every student is ready for the future. We strive to be data informed and focused on results while promoting humanity, kindness, and personal responsibility. We know that high quality staff are key to our students’ success and strive to provide a supportive environment of collaboration among our staff.
3235 Union AvenueCampbell, CA