Arts & Crafts Counselor (summer camp)
CampHire Portland, ME
- Expired: March 25, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Arts & Crafts Counselor
CampHire Maine, NH, PA June 13th to August 15th
CampHire is recruiting arts & crafts specialists to work at premier overnight summer camps in the Northeast. If you are passionate about the arts, this is the job for you. We are seeking well-rounded arts counselors to lead activities in painting, ceramics, jewelry making, tie-dye, and more. Counselors split time between leading classes and daily bunk responsibilities.
This position provides the opportunity to develop core skills related to communication, mentorship, problem solving, and people management. The ideal candidate is someone who wants to grow professionally and gain valuable skills to build their resume in a fun and supportive camp environment.
CampHire partners with you to find the best camp position based on your skills, interests, and personal career goals.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Teach arts and crafts to campers of all abilities.
- Create programs to suit the needs of different age groups, including small children.
- Lead basic instructional workshops in following areas: painting, ceramics, jewelry making, tie-dye, and more.
- Manage inventory and procurement of supplies.
- Supervise, care for, and mentor a bunk of 12-15 campers.
- Partner with co-counselors to create a fun and safe environment for campers.
- Plan creative events and lead day-to-day bunk activities.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Must have a background in arts
- Experience working with youth preferred.
Compensation & Perks
Competitive salary based on experience and background. Housing provided in shared cabins with campers. All meals included. The position can be customized to earn internship college credit and/or fulfill required field experience hours.
CampHire is a recruitment partner of top-tier summer camps in the US. We have access to hundreds of open roles from counselors to nurses and everything in between. We believe camp is the best a summer job has to offer and will place you at the camp that best suits your career aspirations. Careers start with camp.
Job Type: Full-time
CampHire is a recruitment partner for summer camps. Visit camphire.com for more information.
Powered by JazzHR
Sports and RecreationView all jobs at CampHire