Registered Nurse, Nonprofit Camp Program (year-round, full time)
- Posted: over a month ago
Registered Nurse, Nonprofit Camp (year-round, full time)
CHESTERFIELD, VA & RICHMOND, VA / FULL-TIME / YEAR ROUND
CampHire is recruiting a Head Nurse to join a nonprofit organization in Virginia that offers year-round day camp and overnight camp programming for children and adults with disabilities. The position is primarily based in Chesterfield, VA (at camp) and also supports a second location in Richmond, VA. Compensation starts at $65,000 plus benefits.
This is a leadership position that is responsible for the care and wellbeing of the 800+ campers that participate in programs throughout the year. As the most senior member of the medical staff, this role oversees a team of seasonal camp nurses and is responsible for managing ongoing training, certifications, and regulatory compliance. In addition to effectively managing comprehensive health plans of campers, this role requires professionalism and a service mindset to provide exceptional care to campers and families.
This role reports to the Assistant Vice President of Day & Residential Services. The ideal candidate is an experienced Registered Nurse with training expertise and a passion for working with youth with disabilities.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Medication Administration: Create guidelines, policies and procedures to ensure effective distribution of medications, record keeping, and compliance.
- Medical Staff Management: Recruit and manage a team of camp nursing staff.
- Training: Lead training on daily living care techniques, medication management, personal protective equipment, and instruction on G-Tube and catheters. Maintain proper documentation for training and conduct routine evaluations to ensure staff comprehension and competency.
- Health Screenings: Perform the completion of a brief physical screening of all seasonal staff within 24 hours of their arrival. Ensure completion of camper body checks and health screening upon check-in.
- Incident Management: Contact emergency services when needed. Review all medical related incidents and host debriefs with staff when incidents occur. Proactively evaluate programs to mitigate risk and reduce medical incidents.
- Camper Medical Plans: Review medical records and physician’s orders for each camper and discuss with Staff and Case Managers to craft customized care plans.
- Camp Staff Partnership: Educate camp staff on policies and procedures around medication administration to ensure medical plans are followed for each camper.
- Compliance & Research: Keep abreast of CDC guidelines, American Camp Association standards, and state protocols. Research best practices in medical care for people with disabilities to stay current on industry trends.
- Inventory Management: Complete pre and post-season inventory of Health Center medical supplies in addition to ongoing inventory and ordering.
- Reporting: Generate reports and medical documentation to review with senior leaders.
- Certified Registered Nurse in Virginia or Compact State required
- 5+ years of professional nursing experience required
- CPR/First Aid Trainer preferred
- Medication Administration Tech Trainer preferred
- Experience with Medicaid Waiver programs preferred
- Experience working with individuals with disabilities preferred
- Must be vaccinated & boosted for Covid-19
CampHire is a recruitment partner of top-tier summer camps in the US. We have access to hundreds of camp jobs, from counselors to nurses and everything in between. We believe camp is the best a summer job has to offer. Careers start with camp.
At CampHire, we believe that careers start with camp. Like great camps, we encourage our candidates to come as they are. We celebrate diversity in all of its forms, and are committed to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and experience. Everyone is welcome.
Privacy & Data Disclaimer: By submitting an application to this position you give consent to CampHire to share your personal information with prospective employers. This includes but is not limited to copies of resumes, cover letters, letters of recommendations, certifications, and any other document you provide to CampHire.
CampHire is a recruitment partner for summer camps. Visit camphire.com for more information.
Powered by JazzHR
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?