***This is a seasonal job from June 20th - August 17th. You will be required to live in our camp in Easton Center, NH***
The most fun you will ever have at work! For nearly 100 years, Waukeela Camp for Girls has been a traditional sleep-away camp in the foothills of the famed White Mountains. We are currently seeking professional, self-motivated registered nurses who love kids, the outdoors, and wish to play an essential role in providing an amazing summer camp experience at Waukeela.
- Waukeela nurses are dedicated to keeping our campers and staff well, so they can have the best summer ever.
- Outstanding assessment skills and clinical judgement are necessary for this specialized role.
- Working closely as a team of three, the nurses live in a charming farmhouse overlooking pristine Crystal Lake.
- Nursing staff should arrive prepared to work at a brisk pace throughout the day and into the evening - providing first aid, conducting assessments and administering medications.
- Flexibility, teamwork, and excellent communication skills are required.
- Overnight call is rotated amongst the nurses and is generally restricted to urgent/emergent issues.
Campers are aged 7-17, with all staff aged 18+. The leadership team at Waukeela are fully committed to supporting the nurses and maintaining a safe, healthy camp environment. Nurses at Waukeela stay busy, but you should still expect to participate as a member of the camp staff, including meals, songs, swimming and campfires, as duty permits.
During full weeks of camp, you will enjoy 48 hours off-duty weekly. Since we are within driving distance of the mountains, beaches and even Boston, your days off can be as relaxing or active as you choose. We are fortunate to maintain a close relationship with the providers at Saco River Medical Group, located 4 miles away in Conway.
There is a provider on call for Waukeela 24 hours a day to advise and consult with nursing staff. The nearest hospital is located just 6 miles away, in North Conway. In the interest of medication safety, our campers’ medication is packaged by a specialty pharmacy in clearly labeled, individual unit doses. Compensation packages for nurses include competitive salary, room and board, and laundry service. Tuition-free camp attendance is offered to daughters of camper age.
To apply, candidates should possess:
- Current, unencumbered license as a Registered Nurse in New Hampshire or a multi-state license from a nurse compact (eNLC) state.
- AHA BLS certification current throughout the period of employment.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience practicing as a registered nurse, preferably in a pediatric setting.
- 1 year of school nursing experience or equivalent is strongly preferred.
For more information or to submit a CV, contact Aja Hutchins, head nurse, at email@example.com See our website at https://www.waukeela.com/