Camp Soles Rockwood, PA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The two primary roles of the Office Manager include:
Cultivating relationships with parents, groups, staff, volunteers, board members and donors.
Supporting the general administrative needs of the Camp including bookkeeping, filing, communications, programming, HR and staffing records, and general office management and information organization.
Reports to Camp Director
- Liaison with parents/guardians, groups, board members and donors to promote and support the success of the Camp.
- Respond professionally to incoming calls, emails, or other forms of inquiry providing general camp information and fielding questions.
- Manage and maintain financial records, bookkeeping, petty cash, check books, vendor files and contracts, renewals, accounts payables, etc.
- Manage and maintain personnel records, certifications, qualifications, clearances, payroll records, timekeeping, benefits, etc.
- Manage and maintain group and individual camper contracts, waivers, clearances, permissions, confirmations, health records, notifications, fees, accounts receivables, collections, etc.
- Manage and administer “camp management software”, currently Camp Brain, assisting the Camp Director and Programming staff with program setup, management of youth and family camp sessions, volunteer events, etc.
- Support all other staff roles as a team member.
- Excellent written, oral, and listening communication skills.
- Good computer skills including typing, using computer filing systems and peripherals, proficient in common business applications such as Microsoft Word and Excel, able to manage email and navigate web portals, etc.
- Reliable bookkeeping skills especially related to accounts payable and receivable, coding invoices, checks, keeping records, supporting documents, etc.
- Sufficient physical strength and agility to carry out essential duties.
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality.
- High School Diploma/GED preferred
- Minimum 2-years office management experience.
- Minimum 2-years bookkeeping experience.
Physical Working Conditions:
This job is primarily an office / administrative position but will require the ability to stand, walk on uneven surfaces, sit, handle and feel objects, lift up to 25 lbs., bend, kneel, crouch, climb stairs, etc. as common to maintaining an office environment and might expected in a camp environment with extensive grounds, multiple buildings, and facilities. The employee may be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time to both access the office, travel from building to building or various areas of the camp. The noise level is usually minimal to moderate.
This description is a summary of the functions of this position. Other duties may be assigned as needed. Camp Soles reserves the right to review and adjust this job description as business needs dictate.
Camp SolesWhy Work Here?
Exciting immediate opportunity for the relaunch of a well-established camp in a spectacular setting.
This 65-year-old residential camp has a former-camper new owner who is excited to continue the best traditions and spark changes that will bring new fun to a former Y camp. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years experience in a camp leadership role; should exercise mature judgment; have a sense of humor; be tech-savvy; enjoy relating to campers, parents and volunteers; have a track record of inspiring staff; experience in marketing and public relations; and welcome the chance to lead a great camp at a pivotal time in its history. Operating Board is a nonprofit company which has led the Camp for 10 years and they and the new owner are committed to providing extraordinary experiences for all children including scholarship campers for which we raise significant funds. Prefer a track record of advocating for diversity and inclusivity. Camp Soles is an exceptionally beautiful property with historic Adirondack Lodge Dining Hall, 200 acres with 17 acre lake and 200 beds in the Laurel Highlands ski resort area of Western Pennsylvania.