Camp Run-A-Mutt Point Loma is a successful dog daycare, boarding and grooming facility that is privately owned and part of a franchise. CRAM is seeking a dynamic individual and proven leader to fill the position of General Manager. For 7 years CRAM PL has provided a safe and caring camp for customers to trust when leaving their dog for an hour to get a bath, a day while at work, or for a week when on vacation. We are proud to advocate for all dogs without discrimination. If you are interested in an exciting career with a first-rate team of employees, then this position is for you.
Overview of Responsibilities:
The General Manager is responsible for all aspects of the camp’s operations including making decisions when Owners are not present, implementing policies, overseeing all staff & managers, and meeting with dog parents on a daily basis.
The General Manager must observe and enforce camp policies, to include state and federal laws where applicable. The General Manager is also accountable for hiring and termination of employees, disciplinary actions, employee training and development.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years dog-related experience and preferably as a Manager.
- Strong analytical skills, including labor scheduling and cost
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Be dependable and reliable, having the ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Possess a proven leadership ability to build, motivate and maintain staff.
- Have and show an outgoing and friendly behavior along with a positive attitude and ability to interact with customers and all camp employees professionally.
- Be able to manage department staff to include interviewing, hiring, training and development, delivering on-time performance appraisals, providing feedback, scheduling, counseling, and terminating.
- Must have a strong focus on dog safety and sanitation, ensuring all dogs are advocated for and the workplace is safe for animals and staff.
- Ensure that all federal, state, and company regulations and standards for all labor, health, safety and sanitation issues to include compliance with OSHA regulations.
- Have the ability to lift moderately heavy loads up to 50 lbs., the ability to bend, reach, kneel, squat and stand for long periods of time.
Job Type: Full-time Wednesday – Sunday 10am-6pm, starting at $50,000/year
- Dog Related Experience: 5 years (Required)
- Management Experience: 2 years (Required)