Camp K Counselor Lifeguard
Camp Fire Alaska Cooper Landing, AK
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Pay: $250 - $270/week
Do you want to spend a paid summer in Alaska? Join us at Camp K for fun at one of Alaska's most beautiful camps in Cooper Landing. Just two hours South of Anchorage, our camp is located on the beautiful Kenai Peninsula; where fishing, hiking, backpacking, climbing, and more are at your fingertips. If you love adventure and want to build an inclusive and loving community at our camp, this is a perfect job for you!
- Program: Camp K is an ACA Accredited Summer Youth Residential Co-ed Camp
- Location: Camp K is located in Copper Landing, AK on the Kenai Lake.
- Dates: All Staff training begins in mid-May and works through early August.
- Shifts: Camp K staff reside on camp premises during all camp sessions.
- Activities: While at Camp K youth are provided hiking, boating activities, outdoor games, art building, target sports, outdoor living skills and team building; as well as horseback riding and river raft trips in nearby areas.
The Lifeguard Counselor will oversee the minute-to-minute supervision and guidance of a cabin group of campers, working with other counselors and specialists to facilitate a variety of activities. During waterfront activities, the Lifeguard will participate in leading, teaching, assisting, supervising staff and campers during swimming and boating lessons along with other camp activities. In this position, you'll have the opportunity to participate in the development and implementation of age appropriate activities consistent with campers' needs while promoting, demonstrating, and encouraging Kid Size Values of caring, striving and thriving. You'll build and maintain positive relations and communication with campers, parents, visitors, etc. through excellent customer service and be a positive adult role model for the campers. You'll also reside on the premises of Camp K in the Chugach National Forrest with everyday opportunities to be off the grid, experience wildlife, and take in the epic beauty right outside your cabin door!
- Possess a High School Diploma or equivalent, is required
- Must be twenty-one (21) years of age, is required, to maintain compliance with regulatory and accrediting agencies.
- Prior experience working with youth, is required, preferably in a residential camp setting.
- This position requires a current Lifeguard Certification with CPR for the Professional Rescuer, AED and First Aid Certification from a nationally recognized provider.
- Experience working with diverse populations: multi-cultural, age, gender, etc.
- Valid Driver’s License and eligibility to drive agency vehicles is required
- Fully Vaccinated from COVID-19
***If you'd like to request a full copy of the job description please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to provide it to you.***
Camp Fire Alaska
AddressCooper Landing, AK
Sports and RecreationView all jobs at Camp Fire Alaska