Rural Program Logistics Specialist
Rural Program Logistics Specialist
- Program: Camp Fire Alaska’s Rural Program provides supplies and fun activities that emphasize the importance of healthy life choices, reducing high risk behaviors and encouraging community engagement to Rural Alaska Communities.
- Position: We are looking for a highly detail-oriented individual with the ability to work independently to assemble and pack program supplies to ship to participating communities.
- Shift Hours: Monday - Friday, 8 hours/day between the hours of 7am -6pm. Possibility of overtime, with additional compensation.
- Duration of Job: This temporary, non-exempt position that will last from February - August.
- Location: Camp Fire Office and Warehouse
- Position Status: Full Time, Non-Exempt, Seasonal
- Pay: $17.00/hour
Position Summary: Assist with the planning and logistics of Camp Fire Alaska Rural Program’s supply packing, assembling and shipping process. Engage in work that supports Camp Fire’s Promise to provide youth with the opportunity to find their spark, lift their voice and discover who they are.
Position Overview of Day to Day Work: In this position you will start your day by meeting with your supervisor to review daily goals. These daily goals may be around preparing shipments by packing, taping and labeling boxes of supplies to send out to Rural Travel Staff teams and communities. It could also be placing orders for supplies or inventorying supplies on hand. The physicality of the position will vary day to day based on the current goal. Some days you may be on your feet, packing, lifting, and hauling supplies, while others may require more computer based work. Reliable transportation is a must, as the position will operate out of the main Camp Fire Office as well as various warehouses in Anchorage.
- Minimum of 18 years of age required
- Reliable transportation
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
- Work may include continual movement such as, sitting, standing, carrying, hauling, lifting, and fine motor skills involving small movements in the wrists, hands, and fingers
- Ability to life and carry up to 60 pounds
- The work environment is often fast-paced requiring the mental clarity and stamina in various situations with logic and reason while being mindful of the safety and well-being of all parties.
- Work is performed in Camp Fire Office and Warehouse locations and may include work in the out of doors and exposure to inclement weather.
- May work irregular hours, including evenings and weekends if needed for volunteer day(s).
**YOU MAY REQUEST A COPY OF THE FULL JOB DESCRIPTION BY EMAILING HR AT email@example.com.**
Some email correspondence may go to your junk/spam folder. Please be sure to check your junk/spam folder regarding correspondence from Camp Fire Alaska. Thank you!
*All applicants who are offered employment with Camp Fire Alaska will be subjected to reference checks and a criminal history check through the Alaska Background Check Program. Offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of both the reference checks and criminal history check in accordance with Municipality of Anchorage Child Care Licensing regulations.
Camp Fire Alaska Inclusion Statement:
Camp Fire believes in the dignity and the intrinsic worth of every human being. We welcome, affirm, and support young people and adults of all abilities and disabilities, experiences, races, ethnicities, socio-economic backgrounds, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions, citizenship or immigration status, religion and non-religion, and any other category people use to define themselves or others.
Camp Fire AlaskaAnchorage, AK
Get fresh Rural Program Logistics Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.