Part-Time Dog Daycare Play Yard Attendant
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
About the Job
We are seeking to fill the role of our Part-Time Camp Counselor position (See below Availability for the shift times we are looking to fill). We admit this job isn't for everyone. The dogs can be loud and challenging. Dealing with a pack of dogs is a lot like managing a classroom of young children, you have to be on your toes at all times in a loud, fast paced environment. Dogs bark, drool, poop, jump up, cover you in hair and at times can test your patience.
Now, with all that being said, if you are anything like us, you will find the challenge that comes with this role, rewarding. At the end of the day, you as a Camp Counselor are providing an environment for dogs to come and play while their owners are hard at work or on vacation. Giving dogs a safe and happy place to burn out their energy and socialize with their kind, is the whole reason we are here. We have a fantastic team with high standards, and we are looking to add a few more like-minded Counselors to our Team. This position is Part-Time (32 hours or less) to start, because there is a lot to learn with our Onboarding process, however more hours may be available for the ideal candidate, after the 90 day introductory period.
- Arriving on time to start the morning off right
- Reporting directly to Team Lead/Counselor Manager
- Setting up mop buckets, play yard drinking stations and play equipment
- Assisting with morning group play and bathroom breaks. Indoor & outdoor yards year-round.
- Caring for a yard of up to 25 dogs and their holistic needs
- Communicating verbal & written: health, behavior and service notes
- Assisting with Cabin cleaning turnovers
- Assisting with dishes, laundry and other cleaning tasks as necessary
- Assisting with filling out report cards and taking pictures
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Reliable transportation & punctual: despite weather conditions (we are open every day of the year).
- Open availability including weekends and holidays; Non-negotiable. If you do not have these in your availability, your application will not be selected.
- Constantly walk and/or stand entire shift. Able to bend, stoop, lift, crouch. Able to lift & carry supplies 45 + lbs
- Able to work with and handle dogs with various energy levels, behaviors and sizes.
- Not allergic to dogs. Not allergic to peanut butter.
- Able to hear, learn and understand auditory behaviors from the dogs.
- Able to visually observe, interpret, and react appropriately to dog body language
- Actively participating during training; learning with a hands-on approach, asking questions when unclear, and approaching everything with a "Can-Do", positive attitude.
- Smart phone required; able to download apps and take pictures on your phone. Able to utilize Camp’s required technology such as e-learning software, apps and other applicable platforms.
- If you are selected for the position - your first week to 3 months of training you can be expected to be held to a high level of scrutiny. This is to ensure you are meeting our high standards. If you are not catching on, not able to keep up, have any tardiness or absences, have trouble receiving constructive criticism and learning from it, or bring any unnecessary drama into the workplace, you will not make the cut.
- Within 30 days: nonslip shoes are required
- Within 90 days: Animal CPR/First Aid certification is required to be completed
We are looking to fill the following morning shifts (variations):
Mon-Sunday: 6:30am – 1:00pm /6:30am – 3:00pm /6:30am – 11:00am
Mon-Sunday: 1:00pm-7:00pm/ 11:00am-3:30pm
- Simplicity - We do nothing that doesn't directly improve our care for our customers and each other.
- Honesty - Be open, honest and direct in all our communications. Stand up for what we believe in and be able to express why in a professional manner.
- Leadership – Leadership is not a title; it is a choice to make the world better for those around you.
- Teamwork – We all have a duty to care for each other. That duty is present in every one of our actions.
- Trust – Earn the trust of everyone around you. Let’s be worth any mistakes we make.
- Continuous Learning – We teach and learn from each other every day. That is how we grow.
- Tips allocated monthly in paycheck
- Holiday Pay for applicable holidays
- Paid Training including CPR training
- Provided uniform shirts
- Hands on in-field dog behavior training and experience
- After 90 days: Eligible for discounted Camp Services
- Sick time accrual
- 401k Match
Equal Opportunity Employer
Very Us Ventures LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Camp Bow Wow Rochester
Get fresh Part-Time Dog Daycare Play Yard Attendant jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.