Full-Time Team Lead
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
About the Job
Our team that care for the dogs are called Camp Counselors. We are seeking to fill the role of our Full-Time Counselor Manager/Team Lead for our fast-paced Doggy Day & Overnight Camp. The main objective for this role is to effectively coach, grow and lead your team to deliver the best possible service for our pups and parents. For this position, previous management experience is required for a team of at least 3+. Hospitality/Customer Service experience is also a plus. In addition to experience, open availability is also a requirement for this position
- Maintaining a clean, safe and welcoming environment at all times.
- Responsible for leading your team to complete all the tasks required for the day. Providing support for all the humans and dogs on your shift and all their holistic needs (Up to 117 dogs. 3-8 people).
- Keyholder position, responsible for opening/closing the business with your team. We are open 365 days/year despite weather conditions.
- Able to read and communicate all Camp Bow Wow policies and procedures to employees in a clear concise and effective manner.
- Follow the Overnight Camp schedule to execute on time bathroom breaks, meals, medications, and transportation of Campers to and from Cabin areas/Play Yards
- Scheduling and completing grooming, 1 on 1 enrichment, cleaning tasks etc.
- Assist in onboarding and training of new hires
- Providing your team with both positive feedback and constructive criticism as needed
- Assisting with behavioral challenges within the play group
- Communicating effectively both verbal and written. Able to utilize work computer software and apps that are ever-changing with updates and format changes.
- Backing up the Front of the House as needed with emails, phone calls, voicemails & other tasks
- Provide unscheduled tours to clients within business hours of operation.
- This position requires you to be on your feet for your entire shift and is this position is highly physically demanding. You can be expected to be constantly walking, standing and interacting with dogs. As well as bending, stooping, crouching for cleaning. If you love to stay active, and keep busy this would be a good fit.
- Positivity and self-confidence. We are here to teach and coach you, your own success is in your hands. We can name you a leader, but that is not what makes you a leader.
- Able to handle and process, stress and emotions effectively. This position is a mentally and physically demanding position. If you do not excel in high energy situations, large groups, loud environments or fast paced scenarios; this position is not for you.
- Punctuality and reliability. We adhere to a strict attendance policy. If you are often late everywhere, this is not the position for you. We are a small business operation; 1 employee’s lateness affects the entire Team and we are respectful of our Team’s time.
- Able to handle difficult situations in a mature, responsible, and respectful manner. If you crumble at conflict, confrontation, or tough conversations, this is not the position for you.
- Time management and multitasking; we strongly dislike micro-managing. After training is complete, we are here to lead, guide, and back-up, but we expect you to be able to handle the basics of the day to day with minimal intervention. It’s a huge plus if you are ahead of situations and communicating to us, what may need more attention or how areas can be improved.
- This may sound silly, but there are many working pieces of this business, requiring non-stop back and forth communication, both internally between Team and externally to parent. As our receptionist, you drive these communications and ensure everything has been taken care of.
- Work well in a team-based environment; able to effectively communicate to co-workers and able to speak up to address areas of concern or uncertainty.
- Must love cleaning and understand the importance of maintaining cleanliness with living animals.
- Must love to keep busy, with the understanding, there will not be much “down time” in this position. If you are the kind of person that finishes your tasks quickly and looks for “what’s next”, this position is for you.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Reliable transportation & punctual: despite weather conditions (we are open every day of the year).
- Open availability including weekends and holidays; Non-negotiable. If you do not have these in your availability, your application will not be selected.
- Constantly walk and/or stand entire shift. Able to bend, stoop, lift, crouch. Able to lift & carry supplies 45 + lbs
- Able to work with and handle dogs with various energy levels, behaviors and sizes.
- Not allergic to dogs. Not allergic to peanut butter.
- Able to hear, learn and understand auditory behaviors from the dogs.
- Able to visually observe, interpret, and react appropriately to dog body language
- Actively participating during training; learning with a hands-on approach, asking questions when unclear, and approaching everything with a "Can-Do", positive attitude.
- Smart phone required; able to download apps and take pictures on your phone. Able to utilize Camp’s required technology such as e-learning software, apps and other applicable platforms.
- If you are selected for the position - your first week to 3 months of training you can be expected to be held to a high level of scrutiny. This is to ensure you are meeting our high standards. If you are not catching on, not able to keep up, have any tardiness or absences, have trouble receiving constructive criticism and learning from it, or bring any unnecessary drama into the workplace, you will not make the cut.
- Within 30 days: nonslip shoes are required
- Within 90 days: Animal CPR/First Aid certification is required to be completed
This position requires open availability 365 days/year. Wages are determined based on experience as well as performance.
Time off requests may be submitted 2 weeks or more in advance and are subject to approval.
- Simplicity - We do nothing that doesn't directly improve our care for our customers and each other.
- Honesty - Be open, honest and direct in all our communications. Stand up for what we believe in and be able to express why in a professional manner.
- Leadership – Leadership is not a title; it is a choice to make the world better for those around you.
- Teamwork – We all have a duty to care for each other. That duty is present in every one of our actions.
- Trust – Earn the trust of everyone around you. Let’s be worth any mistakes we make.
- Continuous Learning – We teach and learn from each other every day. That is how we grow.
- Tips allocated monthly in paycheck
- Holiday Pay for applicable holidays
- Paid Training including CPR training
- Provided uniform shirts
- Hands on in-field dog behavior training and experience
- After 90 days: Eligible for discounted Camp Services
- Paid Vacation/Sick time accrual
- Health Insurance reimburse
- 401k Match
Equal Opportunity Employer
Very Us Ventures LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.'
Camp Bow Wow Rochester
Get fresh Salaried CAMP Counselor jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.