Shift Lead/ Manager at Camp Bow Wow Dobson Ranch
- Posted: over a month ago
- $13 to $13 Hourly
A Shift Leader will consistently deliver strong sales and service results. Our Motto is Healthy Happy Pets… Healthy Happy People. The successful candidate will ensure that Campers are safe and happy while they are in our care, and ensure the satisfaction of every pet parent who leaves their Camper in our care. Shift leads are responsible for ensuring that the store is properly staffed, team members are on task, and the facility is clean and well organized. We are counting on you to keep the business operating smoothly during your assigned shift. In this role, you will partner with other members of management to keep the work environment safe and compliant with all CBW Brand Standards and relevant laws and regulations.
SHIFTS: (Opening) 6am-1:30pm (Closing) 1pm-730pm *Shifts can vary depending on customer base.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES With BASIC SUPERVISION:
Supervising and ensuring the safety of customers’ dogs and maintaining a clean and fun environment. At Camp Bow Wow MESA, we are a bunch of dog people who are making the lives of pet parents easier and dogs happier.
• Must be a team player with a PAWsitive attitude.
• Customer service oriented and upbeat
• Adhere to mandatory standards of operations, policies and procedures, manuals, memos, oral instructions, etc., all of which make up the essential functions of the job.
• Ensure all feedings and medications for campers are administered properly.
• Must be able to stand for long periods, bend, stoop and lift up to 40 pounds.
• Evaluate dog behavior, reactions, and interactions with other dogs to complete the initial dog screening evaluations, also called “Interviews.”
• Monitor play yards for dogs of all sizes.
• Maintain continuous focus and attention on dog interactions to prevent fights and injuries.
• Must be able to maintain a calm demeanor in a highly stressful environment.
• Observe and learn animal behavior and signs of aggression to appropriately assign dogs to the proper play yards, which will require listening and distinguishing between dog vocalizations, distress barks, aggression, etc.
• Perform dog health checks throughout the day.
• Perform dog washes, nail trims, and other basic dog grooming tasks. Training will be provided.
• Perform janitorial duties: restocking supplies, taking out the trash and basic kennel maintenance.
• Understand that heavy duty cleaning is a large portion of the job. Clean play yards, cabins and all common spaces: mopping, sweeping, and scrubbing.
• Attend additional training as management deems necessary.
Opening / Administration
• Open and /or close store as designated during opening and closing shifts while maintaining a premier facility inside and out.
• Open and close registers for front desk workers, count register drawers, and resolve cash overages and shortages.
• Make detailed shift notes about each day for records and reference.
• Inform managers/owner immediately of any issues regarding customers or facility.
• Inform manager of supply shortages or maintenance issues around the facility.
Staffing / Training / Employee Development
• Develop and assign tasks to staff members based on daily needs and oversee completion of tasks.
• Ensure the shift is adequately staffed. Under guidance of management, call in more people if needed and cut payroll if overstaffed.
• Provide recognition and constructive feedback to Camp Counselors throughout the shift as appropriate. Utilize homebase App.
• Provide constructive, hands-on-training to counselors as opportunities are presented.
• Help train new hires and create development opportunities for experienced staff members as assigned by management.
• Resolve performance-based issues with Camp Counselors if possible and bring to the attention of management if issues cannot be resolved.
Feeding / Medication / Safety
• Ensures that all Campers coming to Daycare are up-to-date on all required vaccines and are spayed or neutered by due date.
• Ensures that proper paper-work is on-file for all incoming Campers.
• Ensures that daily feeding and medication is administered and recorded properly. *Must be extremely detailed oriented.
• Phone service: answer customer questions questions, make reservations, take payments, get vaccination records from Veterinarians etc.
• Logs customer communications in Data Dawg for future reference.
• Upsells products and services by making recommendations to pet parents based on their pets specific needs.
• Resolve customer issues to the extent possible before asking a manager to approve exceptions to policy for coupons, refunds, etc.
• Resolve and follow up with customer complaints to the extent possible.
Camp Bow Wow Dobson Ranch
RetailView all jobs at Camp Bow Wow Dobson Ranch