The Class A truck driver position will primarily consist of local vehicle operations involving positioning and moving trucks and trailers on and between manufacturing facility-warehouse. On occasion, deliveries will be required throughout the region. Assists in the assignment and coordination of activities of workers engaged in duties of pickups and deliveries of our finished goods and raw materials. Responsible for upholding Food Safety operation of manufacturing needs.
- Operates commercial motor vehicle and associated equipment safely.
- Performs pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections.
- Complies with all required statutory, regulatory requirements, and company policy.
- Completes appropriate paperwork and forms, including but not limited to manifest, shipping and receiving documents.
- Maintain all required certifications required by DOT and OSHA and company safety programs.
- Loading and unloading of all finished goods and raw ingredients.
- Secure load during transit, including blocking and bracing.
- Driver must be able to utilize and/or learn computerized system "NAV" in order to complete all transactions of shipments.
- Communicates with customers, supervisors, and other employees effectively.
- Use good judgment and decision making in emergency and routine situations.
- Maintain telephone and continuous radio contact with supervisor.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- High school diploma OR general education degree (GED)
- Minimum 1 to Maximum 3 years related experience required
- Must have a valid CA Class A CDL.
- Good Driving Record
- Work Monday to Friday Schedule, and some OT during the week and Saturdays
- Be able to work 2nd shift
- Some experience with forklift driving a plus!