Camfil Crystal Lake, IL
- Expired: 27 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Sr. Buyer / Planner – Crystal Lake, IL
SUMMARY: The Sr. Buyer / Planner will be a key member of the Crystal Lake manufacturing plant Materials team and responsible for managing and coordinating the material requirements in support of dynamic production schedules. The position will require minimizing raw material inventories while reducing purchasing costs and maximizing customer service.
· Collaborates heavily with internal and external customers, including suppliers, manufacturing, engineering, customer service, sales, and quality assurance.
· Key participant in creating the Master Production Schedule.
· Work closely with production in implementing production schedules.
· Analyze and coordinate material requirements from the manufacturing production schedules, engineering, validation and process development studies.
· Uses sound judgment to influence production and purchasing decisions.
· Review and analyze weekly raw material, components and finished goods requirements to meet specific schedules.
· Produce material planning and inventory reports.
· Provide management control information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
· Manage inventory by determining and maintaining optimum quantity and cost levels.
· Raise order fulfillment issues to management and key customers to propose mitigation strategies on a routine (daily/weekly) basis.
· Analyze forecasts, actual demand, schedules, and inventory. Make recommendations to manufacturing.
· Generate and release purchase requisitions for procurement through approved/qualified suppliers for raw materials and components.
· In-depth experience in a manufacturing environment, Bachelor's Degree preferred.
· Thorough knowledge of manufacturing, supply chain, planning, and purchasing, including the ability to research, analyze, negotiate, and close various types of purchase efforts.
· Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and have a strong knowledge in ERP/MRP systems.
EEO STATEMENT: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Drug testing and background check are required upon hire.
Job Type: Full-time
The Camfil Group, a world leader in the development and production of air filters and clean air solutions, is looking for energetic, detail-oriented workers enthusiastic about establishing a career with room for growth. Camfil is one of the most global air filtration specialists in the world with 26 production units and R&D centers in six countries in the Americas, Europe, South East Asia, and the Asia-Pacific region. The Group, headquartered in Stockholm, has approximately 3,800 employees and sales of $600 million. The company’s business is to provide customers with sustainable best-in-class air filtration products and services through four main business units: filters, power systems, air pollution control (APC), and airborne molecular contamination (AMC). With 50 years of experience in air filtration products and solutions, Camfil delivers value to customers all over the world while contributing to something essential to everyone — clean air for health, well-being, and performance.
500 S. Main St. Crystal LakeCrystal Lake, IL
BusinessView all jobs at Camfil