Warehouse Manager (Raw Materials)
Cameron Craig Group Orangeburg, SC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Fast Paced Environment!!!
- Award Winning Manufacturer of Consumer Products and a World Leader in outdoor products
- Over 330 years of innovation and production
WHAT THIS COMPANY OFFERS YOU:
- Comprehensive Benefits and Salary Program
- Medical Plans to choose from plus Dental, Vision, and prescription plan
- Health Savings Account (HSA) and Flexible Spending Accounts available
- STD and LTD Coverage plans plus a variety of other plans related to health, accident, etc.available
- 401K with Match
- Chance to be part of a proud team manufacturing award winning products recognized worldwide
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
The primary focus of this position is coordinating and managing all purchased parts, receiving and warehouse activities (including line delivery), in a manner consistent with company service and cost objectives. Position continuously works towards making the organization more effective and productive. Reports direct to the Plant Manager / 5-7 direct reports / 100 indirect reports.
- Meet sales forecasts and current orders by developing production planning and scheduling systems, optimizing labor, equipment, and inventory resources.
- Manage inventory by determining and maintaining optimum inventory and cost levels.
- Maintain safe, secure, healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures while complying with legal regulations.
- Provide management control information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Meet materials management financial objectives by forecasting requirements, preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
- Create strategic vision for the Raw Materials functions to effectively meet customer demand for product.
- Lead continuous improvement activities within the department using Lean Manufacturing principles.
- Establish operational and performance goals and metrics for regular reporting to management.
- Ensure timely and accurate inventory and on time customer shipments.
- Interact effectively across the organization and lead resolution of issues with internal and external suppliers/customers.
- Develop and administer Materials department budget.
- Establish staff performance goals and job assignments. Document, counsel and take corrective action as appropriate to enforce company rules, policies, and procedures.
- Train and develop staff towards career enhancement..
- Minimum of 8 years of Materials Management experience.
- High volume consumer products manufacturing experience is desired.
- APICS certification a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree is required. Masters degree with additional cross functional experience is preferred.
- Innovative and “out of the box” problem solving skills; adaptable and self-directed.
- Excellent leadership, teamwork, interpersonal, and oral/written communication skills are required
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, work independently and effectively in a fast paced and high stress environment, be proactive, and follow up on outstanding issues until a successful resolution is achieved
- Solid personal computer skills are required, to include, but not limited to: MS Office software applications with advanced skills in Excel.
Cameron Craig Group
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Cameron Craig Group