Sr. Accounting Manager
Cameron Craig Group South Bend, IN
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
A successful full-service Commercial Real Estate Firm that has been in business for over 40 years is looking for a hands-on Sr. Accounting Manager to join their team. Due to recent promotions and a need for more leadership and accounting horsepower, we are seeking a Sr. Accounting Manager to work alongside the Corporate Controller and the accounting team in day to day and period-ending accounting functions. If you enjoy, or even thrive, in a fast-paced, change prone culture with a pretty high degree of communication, this is the perfect position for you!
Responsible for complex accounting activities associated with maintaining ledger accounts and for developing and reviewing financial statements and reports for properties. Responsible for leadership in the department with an emphasis on development and training of staff. Direct and oversee activities of property accountants and A/P & A/R team.
- Directly supervise property accounting department staff: commercial accountants, residential accountants, accounts payable & accounts receivable.
- Responsible for coaching, training, performance management and development of staff.
- Review property accountants monthly financial statements and/or related work papers.
- Responsible for all accounting tasks related to an assigned portfolio of properties.
- Analyzes records of financial transactions to determine accuracy and completeness of entries.
- Closes month-end accounting books.
- Prepares and/or reviews bank reconciliations for accuracy and completeness.
- Prepares and/or reviews income statements, balance sheets and various other accounting statements or financial reports to be distributed to property management team and ownership.
- Reviews accounts receivables and accounts payables transactions.
- Examines financial statements and documents for conformance with accounting requirements and principles.
- Creates month-end accounting entries and reconciles discrepancies, posts entries to GL and reviews variances to budget. May be required to read and interpret contracts, legal documents, and other agreements.
- Ability to record complex business transactions in the general ledger: property purchases and sales, entry of previous property management company financial data into accounting system.
- Assist property management team with property onboards/offboards.
- Property bank account administration including periodic monitoring & auditing of user permissions.
- Participate in accounting systems conversions or enhancements and training other staff member on new processes / systems.
- Reviews and audits funding and payment requests for accuracy and in accordance with established operating procedures.
- Responds to and resolves issues and requests from management teams and clients regarding various accounting issues.
- Research open accounting issues and recognizes potential issues and/or conflicts so corrective action can intercept and minimize issues.
- Creates and/or reviews complex property budgets and forecasting for assigned property portfolios.
- Works closely with Property Managers on financial data and accounting transactions.
- Interface with clients regarding the accounting activities of their assets.
- Reviews on a regular basis and understands property cash balances and cash flows to ensure the accurate and timely posting of financial information.
- Prepares cash projections for owners and property managers to calculate when owner distributions/contributions are necessary.
- Assess current standard operating procedures to identify issues and create timely solutions.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- 2+ years accounting supervisory experience
- 5+ years professional level accounting experience
- Property accounting knowledge highly preferred
- CPA and/or CMA preferred
Cameron Craig Group
AddressSouth Bend, IN
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Cameron Craig Group