Senior Operations Manager
Cameron Craig Group Visalia, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We have a major food manufacturing client (Fortune 200) that is seeking a Senior Operations Manager for a central California multi-plant-based position on 40 acres (north of Bakersfield).
The Senior Operations Manager will manage 2 Departments in a 24-hour operation mentoring, coaching, and training 260 plus team members to develop effective and efficient teams. Focus efforts on ensuring teams are executing activities that safely deliver quality and quantity, on time, continuously and efficiently, at the lowest cost.
Collaborate with Plant Leadership Team to develop and implement short and long-term strategies, including project leadership, staffing and employee engagement. Position reports to Plant Manager. Seeking candidates for future promotability into Plant Management roles.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Food Science, or related field.
- 7 plus years of supervisory/management experience in food, beverage or dairy large scale/multiple platform processing/manufacturing operations.
- Proven progressive leadership experience.
- Makes recommendations to senior management on long range labor strategies and capital equipment needs.
- Collaborates with Human Resources in grievance resolution and ensures strict and consistent application of current labor contract.
- Ensures finished product quality standards are understood and consistently met.
- Identifies, obtains, and develops staff capabilities needed to consistently meet objectives.
- Monitors and ensures achievement of performance goals and objectives either directly or through support staff.
- Ensures industry best practices are applied and employees are trained accordingly.
- Ability to communicate with a variety of people & personalities.
- Must be able to make quick decisions on the spot & support those decisions to your peers, employees, and plant leadership.
- Ability to manage multiple projects & multi-task with ease.
- Results orientation with track record of successful achievements.
- Ability to influence a positive employee environment.
- Drives safety & safe behaviors while maintaining the goal of preventing all injuries.
- LEAN / Six Sigma / TMM experience.
- MBA, Master’s Degree in Food Science, Engineering, or related field.
- 10+ years working as a team leader in a multi-faceted team is highly desirable.
- Leadership roles in Union environment highly desired.
- High Speed Manufacturing experience.
- Demonstrated experience with Continuous Improvement Processes and/or Lean Six Sigma Greenbelt. Budget and cost control skills.
- SAP or ERP or other system skills a plus.
- Change agent skills must motivate and inspire others to see the company mission and vision.
- Experience and career history with "Fortune 500" type companies strongly desired. This role may require off shift hours, weekends and holidays as required.
The company offers a generous six-figure salary plus bonus and benefits package, career advancement in addition to an outstanding relocation package.
Cameron Craig Group
BusinessView all jobs at Cameron Craig Group