Senior IT Project Manager - Corporate Projects
Cameron Craig Group Denver, CO
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Our client is looking for a Sr. IT Project Manager to manage a variety of IT projects and process improvement initiatives. This individual would be responsible for overall project coordination, establishing and implementing project management processes and adhering to Company’s program methodology (Business and IT communities) to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, comply with high quality standards, and meet customer expectations.ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Assume primary responsibility for project leadership and for facilitating completion and communication on all project deliverables, including project charters, phase driven schedules, project timelines and milestones, status reporting, resource plans, budgets, etc.
- Responsible for managing, planning and implementation of technology solutions, including requirements definition, system design, testing, deployment, training, and communication to align with organization needs.
- Provides regular, professional, and appropriate communications to project team members, department heads, business sponsors, and senior leadership. Proactively identify, track and resolve issues, risks and dependencies associated with projects managed, and communicate risks and issues to the project team and senior leadership. Identify and implement issue resolutions. Lead risk management identification and mitigation plans.
- Creates strong relationships within business lines and learns the business in order to identify needs and deliver value.
- Works with other PM’s to identify project inter-dependencies that may affect project success.
- Possess and demonstrates knowledge and expertise in the use of project management methodologies and tool, facilitation skills, and change management techniques.
- Responsible for partnering with organizational leaders to assess strategic goals and alignment, defining and designing operational and/or policy-based solutions, defining comprehensive change management strategies, managing the implementation and integration with operational departments, and establishing metrics of long-term project success.
- Works under direction of Finance and Information System Program Manager. Responsible for the management of one or more small to medium-sized, moderately complex projects or process improvement initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Information Systems or related field. Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years direct project management experience; defining project scope, developing schedules, budget estimates, resource planning, and risk assessment/mitigation planning with complex business and IT projects.
- Experience using program and project processes and methodologies and implementing processes, and projects across multiple levels of the organization.
- Experience working successfully with both technical personnel and non-technical customers and staff.
- Systems implementation project experience including requirements gathering, system vendor selection, functional and technical solution design, business process design and workflow, testing and user acceptance, deployment, and organizational change management and communications.
- A self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication abilities; analytic, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Experience successfully managing several transformative projects from conception through implementation.
- Strong attention to detail and willingness to ask questions or perform research to develop a deep technical understanding.
- A team player that motivates project team, drives to project success, and influences large cross-functional teams without direct reporting responsibility.
- A high degree of perseverance, adaptability, and tolerance for ambiguity. Comfortable shifting focus as project priorities shift or unexpected events arise.
- Ability to work under deadline pressures and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers and other Alterra employees.
- Ability to effectively manage several projects in parallel.
- Advanced competency with MS Office toolset including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and project management tools and software.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) desired.
Cameron Craig Group
TechnologyView all jobs at Cameron Craig Group