Are you a RN (BSN Minimum) passionate about Behavioral Health? Do you also hold a Master’s Degree in Nursing or Healthcare Administration or Education (Preferred)? If yes, keep reading… We are looking for a RN with at least three years progressive experience in inpatient rehab nursing who can be an effective Clinical Educator for our client’s Behavioral Health Unit with offers a full spectrum of mental health and addiction treatment services to the surrounding Northern Virginia and Washington, DC, metropolitan community.
The main focus of this goal :
Responsible for supervising safe and successful orientation of new nursing staff and supporting preceptors.
Our client’s extensive continuum of care includes an urgent psychiatric and addiction assessment center (IPAC), inpatient psychiatry, inpatient detoxification, partial hospitalization programs (PHP), intensive outpatient programs (IOP), outpatient psychiatric appointments and outpatient counseling services.
What is special about our client's Behavioral Health Unit? MANY THINGS!!
Up and coming service line with five sub specialties: Adult Mood, Adult Intensive Therapy, Med Psych, Adolescent, and Addictions Treatment. Robust professional practice support is needed for this young staff. Also, implementing Trauma Informed Care Model. The Behavioral Health Educator works within the campus wide professional practice department with educators and mentors across all service lines. They will use established structures aligned with the Magnet Model to document and evaluate activities. Please know there will also be a Med Psych Unit that will also be oping in a few months.
There are about 120 RNs --- (150 total all staff) Shared responsibility for all units.
Upon hire, our client is needing the new hire to establish safe onboarding and preceptor support. Implement the 2019 Continuing Education Plan already in place.
This is a full time role Monday- Friday
Salary is based on years of experience and education. Low end of Salary starts at 78,000 and goes up considerably. Full comprehensive benefits package and relocation.
In this role you will be DOING the following:
- integrating theoretical knowledge, evidence-based principles, and clinical nursing expertise into educational experiences for both new employees and experienced staff.
- Implement programs for staff to achieve patient care and outcome standards, such as core measures, magnet standards, and patient satisfaction.
- Utilize system strategies and tools to assess competence of new nursing staff members, focusing on quality of care and patient safety goals.
- Here you will share responsibility for the quality and safety of patient care.
- Contribute to quality and safety initiatives across the organization.
- Seek opportunities for departmental improvement.
- The ideal candidate should have experience applying LEAN thinking principles to departmental operations to enhance services.
Are you self motivated, driven and goal oriented?
- You should be a person who demonstrates an orientation toward achievement and professional growth of self and others.
- Knows how to prepare an annual self-development plan, set professional goals, and seeks opportunities for achieving them.
Incredible benefits some of which include the following:
- You are eligible for medical, dental and vision coverage after 30 days
- You are 100 percent vested in matching contributions after 3 years. Our client matches 100 percent of the first 5 percent you elect to contribute. A Roth 401(k) feature is also available
- Flexible paid time off for personal time, holidays, vacation and incidental sick leave. Accrual earned based on length of service and actual hours worked. Accrual begins upon employment; use after 30 days of employment for qualified events.
- Educational assistance eligibility after 180 days of employment: Maximum assistance of $3,000 per year ($5,250 for BSN/MSN degrees). Award will be granted based on budgeted hours worked per week
- Free parking
- Relocation bonus up to $ 3000 upon receipts.
OUR CLIENT OFFERS SO MUCH MORE!
What is great about the area? So much! Not far from Washington DC and a train ride away from Baltimore, MD. The county our client is located in offers a magnet Housing program which included those in the healthcare industry. This program provides attractive, well-located, affordable RENTAL housing. (We can provide you with detailed info on this should you meet the qualifications of the job and if you are not already living in the area.)
To learn more about this great opportunity, please email your resume to us along with your salary requirement.