Some of the benefits and advantages of working with us Include:
- CHAP accredited and Member of the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization.
- We invest in our employees’ career development and growth.
- Highly Competitive Pay & Annual Retention Bonus' Offered
- Comprehensive orientation programs for new hires
- Leadership Academy meetings held off-site regularly for continuous development of our site leadership team members (Office Manager, CS, DCS, and Administrator).
- We offer FREE Unlimited CEU’s for our Nurses and Social workers; additional education courses are available to all disciplines!
- Advancement opportunities.
- Locations across the U.S. and we are growing! This growth creates additional advancement opportunities for strong performers.
- We provide an innovative healthcare environment offering a clinical ladder.
- Founded firmly on five pillars of excellence: People, Service, Quality, Finance, and Growth.
- Our environment offers collaboration and provides tools and programs to enhance our team’s ability to provide excellent care.
- Our point-of-care system is state of the art: HomeCare HomeBase.
- Employees have access to referring physicians and other professional resources on a daily basis.
- Inter-disciplinary Team conferences are held regularly to discuss and optimize patient care.
The RN Clinical Supervisor / Manager is responsible for the duties relating to the admission process of the hospice business clients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain referral records in electronic medical record systems, tracking date of referral and date of admission.
- Notifies Administrator, Director of Clinical Services, and Office Manager daily of the status on all referrals and other patient needs.
- Communicates and coordinates the signing of all legal consent paperwork with the admitting RN or other hospice personnel as assigned.
- Track information in electronic medical records and coordinate the appropriate professionals in order to admit clients onto hospice services.
- Collaborate with clinicians, pharmacies, supply companies, facilities, hospitals, physician offices, family members, and patients via phone on a daily basis to assist with questions or needs.
- Assist with staffing assignments, to reflect the quality and quantity of various professional personnel necessary to plan, provide, and supervise the care rendered to patients and families.
- Consult with the Medical Director in matters relating to patient care services.
- Assure compliance with local, state, and federal regulations in coordination with Director of Clinical Services
- Perform clinical audits of patient electronic medical record and notify clinicians and Clinical Manager of any missing or incomplete items to remain in compliance with regulatory and clinical requirements.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
- A current Registered Nurse license in the state of practice or in accordance with the Board of Nurse Examiners rules
- At least one year of supervisory and/or administrative experience
- A current driver’s license and automobile in good working condition with proof of auto insurance
- Advanced computer skills including, but not limited to, use of Word, Excel, report software, and Outlook
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated leadership ability
- Excellent organizational skills
- Previous experience in handling new referrals from first contact through to admission