The primary duty of the Plant Quality Engineer is to plan and direct activities related to assuring product quality; through partnerships with operations and engineering in support of best in class processes and product inspection activities.
- Leads and / or participates in problem solving activities and teams
- Partners with operations and engineering to review and adjust in process inspection and audit plans to be best in class in defect and failure rates, closing the loop on findings and needed improvements in a short time frame via the appropriate process
- Actively drives ISO system by preparing procedures and instructions, training on quality requirements, and auditing processes
- Monitors adherence to control plans, and drives updates and problem resolution as needed
- Monitors and drives improvements in process performance via statistical process control methodologies and attribute data collection systems
- Provides direct supervision to quality technicians in the assignment of work and work schedules; responsible for performance management and compensation recommendations
- Performs other relevant duties as assigned; i.e. special projects, programs, developmental activities, etc.
- BS degree in an engineering or technical discipline
- 3+ years of Quality function experience in a Manufacturing Environment
- ISO9001 OR TS16949 experience
- Quality Auditing.