We are seeking several Psychiatrists with Addiction Medicine certification and a California State License with Utilization Review background.
This position supports the clinical vision for the health plans and implements programs to support this vision.
- Provides clinical leadership to the interdisciplinary Medical Management team, which includes clinical/medical oversight of clinical team members and consultation and training with care managers in order to address cost and quality of care.
- Provides day to day physician oversight to an assigned interdisciplinary UM team, including regular involvement in the case management of at-risk cases and medical necessity decisions.
- Follows high risk cases throughout treatment continuum from inpatient, rehabilitation, partial hospitalization, outpatient and other levels of care.
- Ensures that persons with severe, complex, and/or treatment resistant illnesses receive medically necessary coordinated care throughout the episode of treatment.
- Continues physician oversight of at-risk patients deemed appropriate for complex case management and timely completion of all utilization management activities. Involvement in the development of case management plans.
- Develops and implements a Utilization Management program and action plan, which includes strategies that ensure a high quality of patient care, ensuring that patients receive the most appropriate care at the most cost effective setting.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of UM practices and criteria. Actively monitors for over- and under-utilization. Assumes a leadership position relative to knowledge, implementation, training and supervision of the use of the medical necessity criteria.
- Along with the Corporate Clinical team, implements clinical practice standards and policies developed by corporate and participates in management of activities. Develops, implements and interprets medical policy, technology assessments, and medical necessity guidelines.
- Develops effective working relationships with practitioners, provider facilities, treatment programs, and may establish relationships and/or consult with client organizations.
- Confers directly with psychiatrists and other practitioners regarding the care of patients with severe, complex, and/or treatment resistant illnesses through peer review and educational interventions.
- Identifies and immediately follows up any quality of care concerns with practitioners and provider facilities and treatment programs involved in the member’s care. Ensures that contract requirements, accreditation standards (e.g. NCQA), state policies and federal policies are implemented specific to each client.
- Works with teams on continuous quality improvement to ensure ongoing compliance in utilization and case management.
MD - Psychiatry and addiction Medicine Specialty
License and Certifications - DO - Physician, State Licensure and Board Certified (ABMS or Specialty Board) - Physician, MD - Physician, State Licensure and Board Certified (ABMS or Specialty Board) - Physician
Post-residency experience of at least 5 years involving substantial direct patient care during this period at multiple levels of care.
Managed care experience, as a provider and a manager of care. Utilization Review experience. Accreditation experience (NCQA, AAHCC/URAC).