Project Manager Commercial Construction
Our client has been in business for more than 30 years and has a history of continued growth and has a solid pipeline of work. They are one of the most established companies in the area with a reputation and company culture to match. Time Management & Superior Quality are what they focus on and what their clients depend on.
Their scope of work includes Educational/Athletic, Hospitality/Hotel/Restaurant, Office/Conference/ Retail, Industrial, Religious, and Commercial Housing.
- Dedicated to high levels of service
- Majority of the Work is in the Carolinas
- Solid Pipeline of work and history of continued growth
WHAT THIS COMPANY OFFERS YOU:
- Opportunity to work for one of the most respected Commercial Construction Companies in the SE
- Committed to investing in their employees’ growth and training
- Safety record is one of the best in the industry
- Company hires for the long term and can boast a team with longevity and experience
- Strong Benefits Program – Medical Insurance Premiums, 401k with matching, Profit Sharing, Merit based bonuses, Company Vehicle or Vehicle Allowance, Per Diem and Accommodations when traveling
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
As the Project Manager for this firm, you will be responsible for the following:
- Assist in establishing project objectives, policies, procedures, and performance standards within boundaries of company policy.
- Assist with client, A/E, and subcontractor communication to facilitate construction activities.
- Assist with monitor/control of construction through direction of onsite superintendent to ensure project is build on schedule and within budget
- Assist with managing financial aspects of contracts including process of pay applications
- Assist with scheduling construction activities and updating/maintaining project schedule
- Assist with new project pursuit and procurement including preparation of RFQ/RFP responses and interviews.
- Assist in developing estimates.
- Assist with preparing bid packages including bid forms and subcontracts.
- Handling of submittals and RFI's for the project.
- Collaborates client rep, superintendent, and others to schedule the critical path craft pre-construction meetings prior to mobilization
- Provides feedback of reviewed submittals for compliance and coordination
- Responsible for quality work being put in place – workflow for crafts, suppliers, employees and third-party contractors.
- 3 to 5 years commercial construction project
- BS or Associates degree in a related field of study from accredited college or
- This position will be based in Columbia SC, Most travel can be made within a day