Process Engineer, Extrusion
Cameron Craig Group Cleveland, OH
- Expired: October 11, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
PROCESS ENGINEER - EXTRUSION
PAY: 80-120K depending on experience level and breadth of experience
SUMMARY: Our client is a growing and profitable extruder of polymer products. In this role, you will work on a wide variety of process engineering products, including new product and material trials, setting up full-scale production, and process improvement on the extrusion lines.
* Optimizing the extrusion process from design to product launch and continual improvement
* Optimize polymer formulations to better suit requirements of established and new extrudedproducts.
* Successfully introducing new extrudedproducts, including heavy involvement in design, extrusion and fabrication tooling, materials and material development.
* Document process requirements, setup and process parameters to assure equipment and plant team are capable of producing quality products.
* Implementation of SOPs(standard operating procedures) including standard work, workplace organization, quality and packaging specifications.
* Complete time studies to identify opportunities for efficiency improvements.
* Coordinate continuous improvement and production process refinement efforts.
* Coordinate all applicable product testing verification and ongoing validation to meet product specifications as well as comply with applicable local and governmental regulations.
* BSChem-E, BS Polymer Science, BS Chemistry, BS Plastics Engineering, or similar. M Will consider non-degreed people with vast extrusion experience.
* 3 years of functional and HANDS-ON process engineering experience within polymer extrusion processes, with experience running extruders in trials.
* 3 years of experience testing polymer materials to ensure they meet specifications.
* 2 years experience with Continuous Improvement tools such as lean manufacturing, Kaizen, 6 sigma.
* Very strong experience with SOPs and WIs, as well as SPC.
* Experience establishing testing criteria and setting up tests for operations.
Cameron Craig Group
ManufacturingView all jobs at Cameron Craig Group