Multifamily developer/builder seeks a Pre-Construction Engineer for their construction department. The Pre-Construction Engineer is responsible for all document control and plan design coordination efforts and supports the Pre-Construction Manager.
· Guide the design team to a well-balanced product
· Develop & maintain a working knowledge of all job codes in terms of how they drive costs & impact design
· Identify and resolve all conflicts in job set of plans on Bluebeam
· Assist in developing sub-contractor bid list in new regional markets.
· Clarifications and corrections at DD and GMAX in Bluebeam
· Coordinate the electric, gas, and telecom contracts for every job assigned. This includes the job specific approved layouts.
· Help Standardize Product and Details within organization and on all Plans & Specifications
· Maintain the current Low Voltage program
· SWPPP NOI and NOT’s
· Communicate & Coordinate with the Chief Estimator for:
o Exhibits to the General Contract
o Relay all pertinent cost driver and plan information from various project design meetings to the Chief Estimator as it occurs in written summary format
· Evaluate New Materials and Products
· Create a sense of urgency in everything you do.
· Short-term schedules should be consistent or better than the master schedule.
· Daily reports should be completed with 100% accuracy and on time.
· Travel as needed.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Construction or related field
Experience: Minimum 2 years experience in Pre-Construction, Estimating, or Project Management
Skills: *Timberline *Procore *MS Office Suite *Bluebeam