Perfusionist - Sign-on bonus available and additional hourly add-on
Cameron Craig Group Elkhart, IN
- Posted: over a month ago
Perfusionist (Sign on bonus experience based)
2 positions, each covering 2 locations
Locations: will travel between Elkhart, IN and South Bend, IN
This position reports to the Executive Director, Surgical Services and works in collaboration with the Cardiothoracic Surgeon group. Operates extracorporeal circulation equipment and provides perfusion services during cardiac and cardiovascular surgery, intra-aortic balloon pump services, autotransfusion services and other related patient care.
A required position in any organization that has a cardiac surgery program. Our Client’s Cardiac services is a strategic goal for growth and expanding services. Their approach focuses on services and collaboration team goals supporting the strategic plan. Our Client is a growing system that continues to focus on patient safety and employee engagement. They have a team approach to perfusion and strive to make a good work/life balance.
Education and Experience
- Completion of an approved program in perfusion technology from an accredited college, certification as a Clinical Perfusionist by the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion or similar accrediting agency or certification-eligible and sufficient clinical experience in perfusion to demonstrate competence in the field.
- Call required
- Prior experience with: ECMO, TAVR, Mini Valve cases, Aortic Arch cases
Knowledge & Skills
- Requires an in-depth knowledge of anatomy and physiology, pharmacology, chemistry, physics and sterile techniques.
- Requires an in-depth knowledge of the functions, uses and theory behind extracorporeal circulation equipment and auto transfusion devices used in cardiac and cardiovascular surgery.
- Requires analytical skills to assess patient’s condition and assist in planning and organizing the operation of perfusion services.
- Demonstrates interpersonal skills necessary to establish and maintain effective relationships with patients, families, staff members and physicians.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, in order to report appropriate information needed by other health team members.
Works in a patient care environment requiring physical exertion, frequent changes in job demands, and certain undesirable patient care activities. May be exposed to bio-hazards.
MISSION: We deliver outstanding care, inspire health, and connect with heart.
VALUES: Trust. Respect. Integrity. Compassion.
SERVICE GOALS: Personally connect. Keep everyone informed. Be on their team.
Cameron Craig Group
HealthcareView all jobs at Cameron Craig Group